April 27, 2024, 08:01:41 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Picture Control

Started by Allan, July 21, 2009, 08:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

A Picture Control created with Emergence BASIC.

Created it with the idea of saving on a lot of code when many pictures were needed in a window.

Pictures (images) can be loaded into the Control in Emergence BASIC Code.

Drag and Drop operation can be done on the Picture control.
Both a D_SRC and a D_DEST Style PixControl are needed in a window for Drag and Drop to be available.

The PixsControl is placed where other Windows Controls are placed in Windows applications.

In a Dialog the Control would be placed in the @IDINITDIALOG.

There is an example program and images in the download zip file.

Hope it is of use!

ZeroDog

July 21, 2009, 09:09:43 PM #1 Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 07:37:20 PM by ZeroDog
looks interesting.  I'll have to check this out in the morning *yawn*

Thanks for sharing  ;D

EDIT: just had a look at this now.  Seems to work nice and easy.  Couldnt figure out the drag and drop part... I was trying to drag files into the window... lol.  Finally realized when I dug thru the source that I was supposed to drag the pictures into the other boxes...  ;D 

Simple, nice, and it comes with a help file.  I couldnt ask for anything more.   :)

Thanks again!

Barney

Quite interesting. Thanks for sharing... :)

Barney

aurelCB

Is this something like picturebox in VB ???
And by the way what a h**l is picture box in Vb ???

Allan

QuoteEDIT: just had a look at this now.  Seems to work nice and easy.  Couldnt figure out the drag and drop part... I was trying to drag files into the window... lol.  Finally realized when I dug thru the source that I was supposed to drag the pictures into the other boxes...

Drag and Drop use OLE.  Images can be dragged into the Pixs Control.

You just need to make sure of the style (D_DEST) - that is for receiving the image. When the (D_DEST) is used the Picxs Control is registered to receive a dropped image.

If the style D_SRC is used only, you need to add some extra code in the program:
declare import,OleUninitialize()
OleInitialize()

http://www.ionicwind.com/forums/index.php/topic,3451.0.html

allan