April 27, 2024, 04:55:32 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Thinking of shopping...

Started by czoran, February 02, 2007, 08:04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

czoran

Hello everybody,

I have just registered to Forums and thinking of buying a licence for EBasic.

Could someone explain what kind of registration is given? Is it username/password to be entered during installation, or application comes without need to enter username and password? Or licence file, or...? Is it bound to machine with hardware ID?

Thank you.

Ionic Wind Support Team

You get a registration key that is bound to your name.  You have to enter it on the first startup of Emergence.  It is not bound your hardware.

Once you have purchased I will send the key and download location to you by email.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

czoran

OK.
That is what I don't like. You used that scheme for IBstd and IBpro and I didn't like it either.
Is it possible to have download version already registered to my name?
I have to reinstall my windows very often due to nature of work I do, and it is very painful to enter all those registrations of all software I need.
There are ways of "ghosting" or cloning partition, but I have to install windows in "normal way", and that is killing me. :((
I have already stopped using 50% of my software because of boring ways for registering, and looking for replacements.

Thank you.

Marco Lohnen

I think that to just enter a name and serial numer is a very easy way to register your program. More and more programs need Internet activation and stuff like that.. that's software what really bothers me. I think the way it works with Ebasic is very friendly.. you get a download link and key so you can start using it right away!
Reinstalling windows is much harder than using ghost by the way.. I really hate the long registration keys from Microsoft!!! ;-)

seberbach

If your work requires reinstall of Windows often, why not use VMware or Virtual Iron, etc. and build yourself a small machine to use as a starting point.

Anything not automatically installable, just have it pre-installed on your backup.

I use virtual machines (small ones) for special purposes, like development or browsing, and these run faster because they are so small and uncluttered.
I can keep a cluttered VM for trying out software, and just use whatever I want in the other VMs so I do not get a cluttered registry, etc.

Acompany called Invirtus

http://www.invirtus.com/content/view/53/391/#What_is_Invirtus_VM_Optimizer

makes a compressor.

John S

Paul,
Can he install on a thumb drive or does the registration key log into the System Registry?

I use Partition Magic from a DOS bootup and clone my drive using slide out trays.  This way I have a base working system to start from.
John Siino, Advanced Engineering Services and Software

Barney

Geez... It's just two CTRL-C, CTRL-V keypresses and two mouse moves. What's so hard with that?

Anyways, this is what I do. I install a base system, which includes all the stuff I use. Then I ghost (or whatever you want to use) my disk and put everything on a DL DVD media. If there's a need to restore the clean base system later it takes just few minutes to start working again, without a need for registrations.

Barney

LarryMc

QuoteGeez... It's just two CTRL-C, CTRL-V keypresses and two mouse moves. What's so hard with that?
I agree.
I keep a text file of my software registrations that use a name/key combination.
Like you said,"..just two CTRL-C, CTRL-V keypresses and two mouse moves."
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Kale

Quote from: Larry McCaughn on February 02, 2007, 12:51:43 PM
Like you said,"..just two CTRL-C, CTRL-V keypresses and two mouse moves."

Now times that by the number of software packages that you have to install. ;) I agree it can get a bit tiresome keeping track of all keys etc and come re-install time it's copy and paste-tastic!

I think norton ghost IS the way to go and having to recently re-install my system, i think i may purchase a copy for the future.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Pleese  ::)

Print out the key and download location if you have to keep reinstalling.  Save the key and download location on a thumb drive (usb) which is what I do will all of my software.   

But don't expect me to give you an unprotected copy of commercial software, I might as well just give up and hand it over to the pirates then ;)  All it would take is one hacking of your PC and then everyones got a copy.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Jerry Muelver

Quote from: czoran on February 02, 2007, 08:35:02 AM
I have to reinstall my windows very often due to nature of work I do, and it is very painful to enter all those registrations of all software I need.
Fascinating. And just what is the "nature of work" you do?

Junner2003

:) my work requires too reinstalling my laptop several times a month! Using a serial number after reinstalling EBASIC is not a big deal. I do not need it very often anyway since working with recovery software makes it not necessary.

The question remains:
Why would you have to perform a clean installation of Windows + installing the drivers and additional software each time? It looks and sounds like you have to install the same software every time anyway. It can't be too hard to create yourself a personalized recovery image with EBASIC included in case it is too inconvinient for you to insert serial# and username.

But for someone who goes through the whole WINDOWS INSTALLATION process + driver and sw  installation each time he reinstalls his pc it sounds strange that he wouldn't have less than a minute to just copy and paste the registration information of EBASIC.

czoran

Hello again,

I just bought it...
You got me! :))

Thank you for constructive replys.
I believe all of you are very good. Otherwise I wouldn't be here at all. :))

I wish you all the best.

Regards,
Zoran

Jerry Muelver

What about the famous Windows "RESTORE" command? I used to get a pick of several recent dates for restore states after awkward crashing moments.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Zoran,
Thanks.  Just sent you an email with key and link.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Junner2003

February 03, 2007, 03:07:51 PM #15 Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 07:08:02 PM by Junner2003
Welcome to the club, Zoran!  :)
I hope you will enjoy EBASIC as much as we do!

Brice Manuel

Quote from: Junner2003 on February 03, 2007, 03:07:51 PM
Welcome to the club, Zoran!  :)
I hope you will enjoy IBASIC as much as we do!
*cough* EBASIC *cough*  ;)

Junner2003

:-[ ... corrected - hopefully nobody read it before! -At least Paul didn't kick me out of the forum -  :)