June 17, 2024, 02:12:13 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

CHM & HLP File Associations in EBasic

Started by Logman, March 18, 2009, 11:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logman

March 18, 2009, 11:11:10 AM Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 11:19:40 AM by Logman
Greetings:

Can someone point me in the right direction on this two-part question?

First, when I build a menu for my windows programs, what is the best way of associating a CHM or HLP file compiled with the MS Help Compiler. That is, how do I actually bring up a CHM/HLP in my program? Does EBasic have a method for associating CHM/HLP files with a program or must I use Win32 API functions to create pop-up dialog boxes or child windows when the F1 key or help menu item is selected by the user?

Second, I find that programs that allow you to place the cursor on a keyword and then press the F1 key to open the help file to the correct location is extremely helpful. Is this something that can be done in EBasic in a straight forward manner or is this capability endemic to the Help File Maker?

Logman
Education is what you get when you read the fine print.<br />Experience is what you get when you don't!

mrainey

I just use this in response to a menu pick or button click.

System GetStartPath + "Filename.chm"
Software For Metalworking
http://closetolerancesoftware.com

LarryMc

March 19, 2009, 07:28:49 AM #2 Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 07:36:08 AM by Larry McCaughn
Look at Sapero's windows.inc files for the htmlhelp.inc file

Larry
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Logman

Education is what you get when you read the fine print.<br />Experience is what you get when you don't!