May 18, 2024, 11:55:24 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Norton 2010

Started by yujinwunz, January 02, 2010, 05:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yujinwunz

January 02, 2010, 05:48:21 PM Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 05:57:36 PM by yujinwunz
norton is such an arrogant tool. (Literally)

ever since I updated it to the 2010 version yesterday, it went through every game i made (the .exes only). it then labled them with a high risk and having suspicious behaviour.
then, in a flash, without warning or permission, it deleted them, or "Security risks been removed. Your computer is now secure", as norton likes to say.

i think this is because of the "GETKEY()" function, it has the likeness of a keylogger. every game i made uses it.
just asking if anyone else has this problem with norton, or any other antivirus. the game works before the new norton was installed!

look at both the screenshots and you will see why i am so annoyed.

Doc

yujinwunz,
I really feel your pain...  :'(

Although I've never experienced anything quite like that, I won't allow Norton on anything I own ever! Just behind the wonderful Windows Vista, Norton is clearly the 2nd most intrusive and annoying piece of software on the planet.

Good luck,
-Doc-

LarryMc

I feel the same way about Norton.  I quit using it years ago.

Larry
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Andy

I totally agree with you all about norton.

I have dealt with and cleaned hundreds of pc's and laptops over the last few years and my conclusion for a good anti virus setup without causing problems with genuine programs is this:

Avast4home anti virus
Malwarebytes anti malware
Superantispyware anti spyware

These are all free programs and together they should help keep your machines clean

I have had the same problem with F Secure and Norman anti virus programs, they marked my programs as malware this was because the programs edited the registry, finally I had to write to them including a copy of the programs so they could verify it was a false positive.

Best Regards,
Andy.
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

aurelCB

I dont know this for Norton ???
Avira is also very panic software especialy on packed files( UPX ) he jumps all the time... >:(

Copex

January 03, 2010, 03:56:18 AM #5 Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 08:53:02 AM by Copex
Compile the exe and submit it to Symantec and tell them they are *&£^$&*&£ sorry, tel them your are a dev and there virus checker is detecting the file as a virus

https://submit.symantec.com/websubmit/gold.cgi

there are posts on there fourms on FP
http://community.norton.com/norton/board?board.id=nis_feedback
-
I really should learn how to use a spell checker! though im not sure how it will help someone who can not spell?
-
Except where otherwise noted, content Posted By Copex is
licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

Brian

Hi,

I just hate that Norton stuff - like Larry, I won't have it on any of my PCs

Iit slows down your PC something rotten. I have started using Avast
Anti Virus, and had no problems yet. I moved from AVG, which was great
for a while, but then after a major update everything got slow, and it was
taking ages to show icons in Explorer

Brian

Bruce Peaslee

Norton deletes stuff I compile without asking. Not very friendly...
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."
iTired (There's a nap for that.)
Well, I headed for Las Vegas
Only made it out to Needles