May 24, 2024, 09:19:24 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Getting EBasic some attention

Started by ZeroDog, July 22, 2009, 07:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZeroDog

July 22, 2009, 07:50:47 PM Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 09:29:49 AM by ZeroDog
This thread is for ideas on how to get EBasic some more attention, or how to spread the word about it.   If you have any ideas as to how to get some attention for EBasic post em here.   
----------------

You know what might draw some more people towards EBasic?  I was thinking you might be able to draw in some of the web developing crowd if you could compile programs into an object for web browsers, something like an active x control... i don't know much about that area of programming right now, so I couldn't really say how it would work out... just thinking out loud here really... would kind of be like a shockwave file or something... or java... or something like that.. something like an .OCX file....

Something like that could grab the attention of web developers, especially if you had some nice slick demos to go with it...   We've got less than 1000 members here right now... we should be able to drive those numbers up with something like that. 

ZeroDog

I was just thinking that if a bunch of users were to create a few demos for EBasic that it could draw some attention as well.  Not just any demo's, but some some demos for the demo scene.  If you have never checked out the demo scene you can check it out here http://pouet.net/.   I was thinking that the 64k demos were the type we could attempt.  EBasic compiles nice and small, and if you pack it with UPX they really pack well.  I was attempting to put one together using IBasic Pro and OpenGL previously, and after packing the compiled .exe with UPX they were roughly 23k.  Now, thats without a sound engine, but we should be able to create one and still have enough room left for the music and graphics.  Then we just make some pretty 3D scenes and effects, some music and scrollers, and then tag it all over with "IonicWind.com" and "Emergence Basic".   

What do you all think?  Do you think it would get some attention for EBasic? Would anyone be interested in this?  Would anyone like to form/join a design team?

Ficko

I think it is good idea! :D

In fact any promotion is a good idea there is almost none out there.

I just looked up wikipedia there is a nice study about powerbasic but nothing about eb.

Wondering why is that? :o

psevet

Google finds 20300 occurences on "emergence basic" and 690 000 for "powerbasic" ...

This might explain the lack of an article in wikipedia.

regards,

Pierre

Egil

Quote from: psevet on July 24, 2009, 10:54:06 AM
Google finds 20300 occurences on "emergence basic" and 690 000 for "powerbasic" ...

This might explain the lack of an article in wikipedia.

regards,

Pierre
Just for the record:  One of the first Google references is this: http://ebasic.wikispaces.com/
Maybe some of the advanced users are able to give Jerry some feedback and help him expand the content of his useful site. ;)
Support Amateur Radio  -  Have a ham  for dinner!