June 01, 2024, 08:49:52 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

What Happened to the online User's Guide Link ??

Started by Pewing, August 22, 2011, 06:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pewing

So What Happened to the online User's Guide Link ??

I was going to browse the documentation for 2.0 to see if it offered me any advantages over the 1.7 version that I currently own.
    I have already spent  $100 when this was IBASIC, then spent $40 when it was EBASIC and now I am being asked to spend $70 when it is IWBASIC. Can you please stop changing the name of this product as I am on a strict budget.
   regards PEwing.

LarryMc

Didn't realize the owner had moved them until you mentioned it.

He's in the process of relocating everything for the new delivery system and I guess he moved those also.

I've put them back where they were referenced in this post
http://www.ionicwind.com/forums/index.php?topic=4460.msg34842#msg34842

but for some reason it still says the pdf version can't be found but it is there.

so until that is fixed you can download the eBook version of the user's guide.

It would seem to me that all the changes listed in the announcement (above link) would give you a pretty fair idea of how big the change is.

The change in name was primarily done to sever ties with the old ownership.

As for the tight budget.  I'm on one also which is why I drive a 12 year old vehicle.  If I want to enjoy the benefits of a new one I have to pay for it.   ;)
If I can't afford it I don't buy it.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Pewing

Thanks Larry for that update. I've been developing an IDE that uses the IWBASIC Object Oriented features so that a person can write applications in a SmallTalk sort of way. Sooner or later I will need to upgrade to 2.0 it is just a question of when.   I would like to post a screen shot showing of my efforts but I seem to be having trouble inserting the image into this post, oh well.

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

PDF works for me.
It was me who dorked up the location - part of my master plan to locate all the downloadable stuff
in the Customer Access page.

Larry