May 31, 2024, 02:21:47 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Re: Emergence Update

Started by yujinwunz, December 29, 2008, 04:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yujinwunz

December 29, 2008, 04:42:55 PM Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 01:39:30 PM by Paul Turley
QuoteEmergence BASIC 1.69 is now available for download from the subscribers center in the "downloads" forum.

where do i become a subscriber and how much is it?

Ionic Wind Support Team

December 29, 2008, 04:50:09 PM #1 Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 01:47:07 PM by Paul Turley
We used to offer subscriptions, but no longer.  The message is for those that had purchased lifetime subscriptions in the past.

The link to purchase an Emergence license is prominently located in the post above, from the main website, in the announcements forum, in the news scroller, and about dozen other places. If you already own Emergence then just download from the link provided in the email that contained your license key and reinstall.

Paul Turley
Ionic Wind Software.

Ionic Wind Support Team

yujinwunz

December 29, 2008, 05:01:24 PM #2 Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 01:47:19 PM by Paul Turley
oh. i thought "licenced" meant like developer's licence or something. il think about it

LarryMc

January 01, 2009, 10:06:08 PM #3 Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 01:47:30 PM by Paul Turley
Quote from: yujinwunz on January 01, 2009, 09:44:29 PM
cant help but notice "syntax" errors
You mean like your spelling of "license"? ;)
Quoteoh. i thought "licenced" meant like developer's licence or something.

There is a difference between a typo and a mis-spelled word.

We all make typos.

Larry
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

spud

February 12, 2009, 10:48:30 AM #4 Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 01:47:42 PM by Paul Turley
I'm trying to download the latest version from the link provided but i cant log on it doesent accept my user name or password. I bought Ebasic ages ago and although i am still registered on the forum i cant get to the download area.

Am i still able to download updates?

Ionic Wind Support Team

February 12, 2009, 11:00:58 AM #5 Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 01:47:51 PM by Paul Turley
If you weren't a paid subscriber during the freeware period, or owned a pre 1.6 version from 2006 then you will need to purchase a current license.

Thanks,
Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

spud

I bought Ebasic right at the beguining as an upgrade to IBasic pro and IBasic standard wich i also bought. I bought Ebasic many years ago and was told that i should upgrade by downloading the freeware version. When Ebasic first came out there was no subscribers section. I emailed you  a while back and you sent me an email on 25 August 2007 13:15 with a link to the subscribers forum but i couldent log in to see if i qualified. I dont mind paying a smaller amount but dont feel i should pay for a new licence as i have already bought EBasic and was told i could always update.

LarryMc

spud,
Paul will probably be out of touch until day after tomorrow.
You can be assured that Paul will take care of the matter appropriately.

Larry
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Ionic Wind Support Team

February 21, 2009, 12:33:35 PM #8 Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 05:04:37 PM by LarryMc
Spud,
Any user that did not take advantage of the subscribers versions when we switched will have to purchase a new license.   Many notices were sent out, we even had a grandfather clause for recent purchasers to obtain free subscriptions.  And when we went back to a licensed product last year we once again sent out numerous notices explaining what you needed to do to keep current, even had a deep discount on lifetime subscriptions at the time just so no one would be left out.  

You can obtain a current license by going here:

Or wait until we have another sale on the compilers if you want to save a few dollars. You will need to completely remove any old copies of the original Emergence BASIC from your drive by uninstalling and removing any "Project" directory found in Program Files in order to install the latest versions.  The installer is quite different now 2 years later.

Also please be aware that the licenses are not "upgrades for life" licenses, the terms are spelled out clearly on the purchase page.  

Thanks,
Paul Turley
Ionic Wind Software
Ionic Wind Support Team

spud

Ok i'll wait till the next offers cant afford a new licence at the mo. Thanks for making it clear.