May 09, 2024, 05:43:36 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Looking for Source for IBPRO CLEANUP Program

Started by billhsln, August 04, 2007, 11:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billhsln

I don't know if some one has the original in Source or if it is even available.  I just like the way the interface looks and how it works and would like to see how it was done.

Thanks,
Bill

P.S., I know I asked this over on CodingMonkeys, but no one has come up with the code and I would really like to see how it was done.
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

barry

This is console program that does pretty much the same thing.  It was made from one of the samples.  I forget just what changes I made to what gets deleted.  But anyway, here it is.

/*
EBClean
Made from the EBASIC example program READING_DIRECTORIES.EBA
Deletes all .OPTS, .MAP, .A and .O in the current diretory
*/

OPENCONSOLE
DEF dir,attrib:INT
DEF filename:STRING

dir = FINDOPEN(getstartpath+"*.*")
IF(dir)
    DO
        filename = FINDNEXT(dir,attrib)
IF attrib & (@FILE_NORMAL|@FILE_ARCHIVE) THEN
IF UCASE$(RIGHT$(filename, 4)) = ".MAP" then
DELETEFILE GETSTARTPATH+filename
ENDIF
IF UCASE$(RIGHT$(filename, 5)) = ".OPTS" then
ENDIF
IF UCASE$(RIGHT$(filename, 2)) = ".A" then
ENDIF
IF UCASE$(RIGHT$(filename, 2)) = ".O" then
ENDIF
/*
IF UCASE$(RIGHT$(filename, 4)) = ".EXE" then
ENDIF
*/
ENDIF
UNTIL filename = ""
    FINDCLOSE dir
ENDIF

CLOSECONSOLE
END

billhsln

August 06, 2007, 10:38:53 AM #2 Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 10:41:37 AM by billhsln
Barry,

Thanks for the code, but what I was really looking for is more of a 'Look' type of info.  I can do the code to delete the files in a program.  What I was interested in is how the Windows controls were setup and how the data fields are displayed.  I am just learning how to do windows versions of EBasic code and still am very confused as to how the controls and data fields are created and loaded.  And how you tell in the handler what has been clicked on or changed to require the program to do something.  I wish there was some kind of tutorial on how to create Windows controls and all the other various Windows tools.  (Controls, Group Boxes, Buttons, check boxes, Radio Buttons, Combo Box, List Box, List View and Tree View).

Thanks,
Bill
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

LarryMc

Bill,
In the help files just about every control type has a section with some sample code.
Plus the project folder has demos of various things.

The controldemo.eba has multiple controls in it.

Larry
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library