May 09, 2024, 01:14:38 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

How can I enable an Timer in Windoxs GUI application

Started by Techno, November 03, 2008, 04:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Dear programmers,

I will ported thiis code into ebasic but I can't it

Timer1.Enabled = True;

Can someone help me

Thanks
Stephane

Ionic Wind Support Team

Read the users guide!

Look up StartTimer and StopTimer in the alphabetical index.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Techno

Paul

Can I use this functions used in my event handler?

LarryMc

LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Techno

GWS

Techno, there's a timer in use in the program I just posted here:

http://www.ionicwind.com/forums/index.php/topic,2873.0.html

Take a look at the code to see the starttimer, stoptimer, and @idtimer event usage.

Could I also mention, that while questions are encouraged, user's are expected to read the users guide, examine the sample programs, and think their problem through a bit before issuing a 'heads up' post.

The reason is that this isn't a big company help desk - it relies on the good nature and availability of fellow programmers.  Sometimes they will be busy - sometimes they may not be familiar with the subject of the question.  In those cases, it might take a little while for someone to look at the problem and maybe come up with an answer.

So although it is a good method of getting some help, and we all learn from the answers, don't expect to always get an instant reply.

These comments don't apply to 'paid for support' - since I've never seen that system in action, I can't say how it works.

best wishes, :)

Graham
Tomorrow may be too late ..