May 19, 2024, 08:41:10 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Users Guide for IWBasic 1.737

Started by oneplace2u, December 07, 2010, 12:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oneplace2u

I am using vista 32 and I can not open the users guide when I am in the program correctely is there a fix for this. It just open up into a text with alot of different charaters in it.

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

Can you give me a little more information?
Version?
File location?

Anything that may help me look for the issue.

Larry

LarryMc

go to the folder where you have IWBasic installed
go to the help folder
right click on the help file and see if it is blocked; if so then unblock it.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

oneplace2u

nothing seems to be blocked.

I can right click the userguide.chm and it will open.
if I right click the usersguide.hlp this what I get.
"The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that is not included in Windows Vista. "

When I am in the ebasic IDE and I click on the ebasic users guide it brings up Wordpad with userguide.chm and this some of what I see, a lot won't copy.

ITSF  JWÃ¥[

/#IDXHDRÆ’ââ,¬Â°ÃƒÂ¼? 
/$WWAssociativeLinks/

I tried to uninstall and then reinstall with a new copy of ebasic, but it didnot change anything

Doc

oneplace2u ,
As it appears from your message, you don't (and shouldn't) have any trouble launching the CHM file on either Vista or Win 7. However, Microsoft dropped support for the older help format when Vista was released, so if you are trying to open a help file with the extension of .hlp using Vista or Win 7, you will likely have to install a patch that will allow it.

Here are the details from Microsoft:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917607

HTH,
-Doc-

oneplace2u

Downloading the patch help, I could open the usersguide.hlp in the IWBasic folder, but I still could not open the ebasic userguide in the ebasic IDE Help area.
But just in case some one else has this problem I found that I had to change thr way windows open the chm file. In the ebasic folder, and open the help folder, then I right clicked on the usersguide.chm file and then clicked on Properties and in my case I change the way it opened the usersguide.chm file from wordpad to microsoft html help. I think this might have been all that I would have have to done.

Thank you