May 19, 2024, 02:04:42 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Array

Started by TexasPete, January 11, 2009, 05:53:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasPete

January 11, 2009, 05:53:34 AM Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 09:53:48 AM by Paul Turley
I have dimension "FileNames" as an array.
and "filename" as a sting ect
I am trying to put a string into the array and load the array with filenames.
The following give me and undefined function error. I am used to liberty basic.
Why doesn't this work.

FileNames(Number)=filename: Number=Number+1

Thanks Texas Pete

Alyce

January 11, 2009, 06:03:20 AM #1 Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 09:54:04 AM by Paul Turley
Quote from: TexasPete on January 11, 2009, 05:53:34 AM
I have dimension "FileNames" as an array.
and "filename" as a sting ect
I am trying to put a string into the array and load the array with filenames.
The following give me and undefined function error. I am used to liberty basic.
Why doesn't this work.

FileNames(Number)=filename: Number=Number+1

Thanks Texas Pete

You need square brackets for arrays, not parens. See the user's guide.  Example from user's guide:

DEF age[20]:INT
age[0] = 40
age[1] = 32

-Alyce

TexasPete

January 11, 2009, 06:19:37 AM #2 Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 09:54:14 AM by Paul Turley
Thanks Alice, I have read the documentation But I am used to a little more detailed information.
I see that it is a simple one line sentence and I skimmed right over it.

I may have to write me my own little reminder list for a while. Does E basic have the same
graphics glich as liberty basic when scrolling in a graphic window or do you know.

Thanks
Texas Pete

Ionic Wind Support Team

Pete,
It's more that a 1 line sentence in the users guide.  The users guide is 650 or so pages, so I suggest more than a casual skimming, and you can search the users guide, typing in "Array" in the search box leads you directly to the page with the required information, the very first entry in the results box.  If you prefer desk reading then you can print out the users guide from the pdf file that is included with your installation.

Look in the "help" directory.  If you installed Emergence to the default location then it would be

c:\program files\ebdev\help\usersguide.pdf

Does E basic have the same
graphics glich as liberty basic when scrolling in a graphic window or do you know.

I suggest you forget about LB while you are here ;).  The languages are not related in any way with the exception that they have BASIC in their names. 

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team