May 29, 2024, 01:22:44 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Have Inquiries About the EBasic Community Edition Thus Potential Buyers

Started by DrCharbonneau, April 19, 2012, 02:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrCharbonneau

Basically that (no pun internded). I was discussing EBasic and IWB on another forum and shot my mouth off that if someone wanted to learn the language, they could join Coding Monkeys and get the Community Edition, but couldn't find the link for the download. Assuming Larry may have deleted it, I was wondering if it is possible to get that back for people to learn from. I know I plan to get IWB and IWB+ later this year, but I doubt if I'd have ever planned to do that had I not first had EBasic to learn it well enough. I still have my version so I could provide a link to download, but wanted permission first.

While I'm here, I wanted to know if when I purchase IWB and all, will this be a download or a shipped disk like I originally bought from Pyxia with IBasic Pro? Is there a bundle with IWB and IWB+?
Dark energy isn't. Dark energy travels too fast to be seen. In fact it is very bright on the inside. It must be because it is vacuuming up all the photons we leftover from dinner...

ZeroDog

If you're introducing people into programming, I would suggest giving them a copy of the IBasic Learning Edition (if you have a copy, or can find one online), as this will not deter them from purchasing Creative Basic or IWBasic in the future, as you can only create programs that run from within the IDE.  Giving out copies of the EBasic Community Edition will deter users from making a CBasic/IWBasic purchase, as they can simply use the Community Edition to create thier EXE's.

Plus, the IBasic Learning Edition comes with tutorials to teach people how to program, and the language has not really changed much over the years, so everything they learn using it, can be applied directly to CBasic/IWBasic.

LarryMc

Quote from: DrCharbonneau on April 19, 2012, 02:33:02 AM
...EBasic ... Community Edition ... I was wondering if it is possible to get that back... . I still have my version so I could provide a link to download, but wanted permission first.
We appreciate you asking for permission first but ZeroDog was 100% correct in his response as to why the free download was removed; therefore permission is denied.

Quote from: DrCharbonneau on April 19, 2012, 02:33:02 AMWhile I'm here, I wanted to know if when I purchase IWB and all, will this be a download or a shipped disk like I originally bought from Pyxia with IBasic Pro?
Download only.

Quote from: DrCharbonneau on April 19, 2012, 02:33:02 AM
Is there a bundle with IWB and IWB+?
No.

As to the IBasic Learning Edition.  To the best of my knowledge that is the property of the purchaser of Pyxia, IBasic Standard, and IBasic Professional.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library