May 14, 2024, 11:36:20 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Emailing assistance

Started by Dennisc, May 11, 2009, 12:04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennisc

Hi

I need some help with an area I have little experience in. I know it can be done but I just don't have the knowledge to do it. I have written a program which collects a set of responses to a questionnaire and saves them to a file. I now want to send that file as an attachment to a specific email address. I don't want to have the client having to set up SMTP addresses etc. - it all has to be invisible to the user if possible. I know I have to use MIDI functions somehow and that is about the extent of my knowledge :(

Any assistance glady accepted.....

Thanks in advance

Dennis
Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently
www.denniscomninos.com

Copex

hi

you would have to code your own SMTP routine have a look here http://www.samlogic.net/articles/smtp.htm .

scott

-
I really should learn how to use a spell checker! though im not sure how it will help someone who can not spell?
-
Except where otherwise noted, content Posted By Copex is
licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

Dennisc

Thanks Scott - will do....
www.denniscomninos.com

chris

if you have accses to a web srever it might be easer to use php and just send the data useing POST if you want an example just send me a pm

Ionic Wind Support Team

Chris,
See the example program emailer.eba included with the Emergence installation as a starting point.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Dennisc

Thanks Paul - will work through the emailer example. I have suddenly rediscovered where the examples are hiding - lost them out of the EBDev directory :) :)

Chris, I have sent you a PM.

Regards
Dennis
www.denniscomninos.com