March 28, 2024, 11:29:06 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Forms manager

Started by J B Wood (Zumwalt), October 04, 2006, 12:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

October 04, 2006, 12:58:38 PM Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 01:01:28 PM by zumwalt
Just saying I love the Dialog editor.
Can ya put on the wish list for me a dialog (.dlg) window collection.
So I can more easily keep track of all .dlg's?
no big deal, just would be neat

edit:
Any way to make the buttons only react to certain keys? (not all keys)
Like space and enter only (along with mouse click)
Its a pain that it reacts to any key event.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Thanks.  Not everyone appreciates the amount of work that went into it ;)

I have more plans for the dialog editor, like targeting a window with AddControl.  Just haven't gotten to it.  Also plan on having a Load method for the CDialog class that will read the .dlg file directly.  And at that point it makes sense to have them as part of the project.
Ionic Wind Support Team

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

Paul it really ROCKS hard!
The automation you put into the thing.. I mean .. WOW
I am making a form to run all the demo's I write from there, this way 1 application has all of them in one (like a retro arcade system)
The problem I am running into at the moment is, when I exit from a game it relaunches that last game (it was the last button clicked) unless I am ultra sensitive on the button push.

Its not urgent, I can probably write a way around this issue.
Just trying to make an all inclusive demo kit.

Parker

On the topic of the dialog editor... In my opinion the custom control should say the class name instead of Custom, because if you had a lot of different custom controls, it would be much easier to tell them apart.

Parker

Request for the Load method to be virtual, because future IDEs ;) will probably have different formats.