April 28, 2024, 01:25:45 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Which Armadillo

Started by Bruce Peaslee, September 18, 2006, 09:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Peaslee

I'm about ready to sell something. (Don't get excited, my customer base for the current project is maybe six peopleÂÃ,  ;)ÂÃ,  ) I understand that Armadillo is a good product to provide password keys and other protections. Looking at their web site I see that they have two versions: basic and pro. Do I need the more expensive pro version?
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."
iTired (There's a nap for that.)
Well, I headed for Las Vegas
Only made it out to Needles

Ionic Wind Support Team

Not really.  Pro gives you hardware locking capabilities.  If you selling a product for less than $100 then I don't see the need for it.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Bruce Peaslee

Good.

There's an upgrade path if when I hit it big.

Thanks.
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

For small scale there are several shareware copy protection packages that are less expensive.
Depends on you price tag and expected volumn as to which method you use.
For low volumn low price - go with the less expensive stuff.
For high price ( more likely to be pirated) go with the higher price.
I was once told that if you sold 10 units and 20 got pirated you would generate more
future sales from the 20 pirated ones than the ones you sold. True or not - no idea never sold
that much of anything.

Zen

What are you selling Bruce? Just out of interest.

Lewis

mrainey

Bruce,

Be prepared to do a  lot of programming tricks with Armadillo if you want your app to have any hope of avoiding the crackers.  If you just do the basic "wrap it in Armadillo and generate a reg key", it's pretty easy for some of those clowns to break.

I know from experience.
Software For Metalworking
http://closetolerancesoftware.com

Bruce Peaslee

September 19, 2006, 10:28:19 AM #6 Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 11:10:43 AM by peaslee
Quote from: Zen on September 19, 2006, 02:19:58 AM
What are you selling Bruce? Just out of interest.

Lewis

I posted a program earlier that creates a map of my housing development. Click on a lot and a dialog opens with information about the property. I have rewritten it slightly to make it easier to read and to add sales history (a big deal in California). I plan on pitching it to the homeowners association directors and the HOA management company. The price will be $299.95 and if I sell just one I will be luckyÂÃ,  :DÂÃ,  I will include the source code in my toolkit. By the way, the free toolkit offer will soon expire - as soon as I flesh it out a bit.

Armadillo should be enough in this case as the potential market is very small.

[EDIT]

A note on the toolkit free offer. It will always be free to those registered on the forum on the date I start charging. And I promise you'll get your money's worthÂÃ,  ;)
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."

Bruce Peaslee

I bought the pro version after all.

Yesterday was a big day. I passed out a copy of my first for-sale application.ÂÃ,  8)

As I've already said, the market is extremely small and those who might be interested have other means to get the data I provide, but you never know.

Now to get to work on my poor web site.
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."