April 24, 2024, 05:24:43 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

one more question before buying

Started by localmotion34, December 16, 2005, 08:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

localmotion34

ok i have one last question before i go ahead and buy Aurora to determine how much of a learning curve i am going to be on with this style of language.

in my normal subclassing routines, they go something like this:

oldprocedure=setwindowlong_(hwnd,#gwl_wndproc,@buttonprocedure)

procedure buttonprocedure(hwnd,msg,wparam,lparam)
     select msg
          case #wm_lbuttondown
               hdc=Getdc_(hwnd)
               getwindowrect_(hwnd,@rect.rect)
               drawedge(hdc,........
              *data.structure= getwindowlong_(hwnd,#gwl_userdata)
               procedurereturn 0
     endselect

procedurereturn defwindowproc_(hwnd,msg,wparam,lparam)
endprocedure

NOW, in Aurora, i seem to notice that there are methods like button.something when your create one. 

how does this interact with setwindowlong(), devide context drawing, subclassing?

i am looking for someome to give me an overview of how you would go about doing what i did above in aurora (like maybe a button created from the button class of aurora NOT createwindow ex through the API). that way. i can see what i do all the time compared to what id need to do in Aurora. 

if it looks moderately difficult, i can live with that.  im dead serious about buying, i just need to ascertain the difficulty involved.

Parker

At the current time, there's no classes for controls, but once there are I'll help you with subclassing.

Ionic Wind Support Team

You can subclass just like you have been doing.  The Window class for example is just an OOP wrapper for normal API functions and has as a member variable m_hWnd.  The handle to the API window.

Controls, whether wrapped by a class or not, will have a handle as well.

So in other words subclassing is something the OS does, not something that is dependant on the particular language.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team