March 29, 2024, 05:24:04 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Request - Grid control

Started by Haim, August 29, 2006, 03:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haim

I miss very much some kind of a grid control.
I know how to use a listview control, but this is not as elegant as it could be with a dedicated grid control (and not as easy...ÂÃ,  ;)
Will it be possible to have such a controll as part of the controls available from the dialog editor?
IMHO this would be a significant enhancement to Aurora (not that I am complaining of it in it's present condition).

Haim

kryton9

Barney

Yes. It's a great request but remember that dedicated grid components like SIgrid or Egrid cost far more than Aurora. Of course, it can be done, but I'd say it would not be fair to expect Paul to write something like that for free. Perhaps a lite version to be included as part of Aurora and full blown version to be sold separately.

Barney

kryton9

He had a grid control in ibasic, so not sure if that would add to the cost?

Ionic Wind Support Team

Never had one for IBasic.  Ian was writing one but never got the chance to finish it.
Ionic Wind Support Team

kryton9

I thought this was a grid control, it is something I wrote in iBasic?

kryton9

Ok, my memory loses again, just found the source code, it was a listview, sorry about that.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Yes and we already have listviews ;)

Listviews in report mode are good for displaying data, not so good for entering data in each cell. 

Ionic Wind Support Team

Haim

Thank you all for your responses.
I will look into the 'baby grid' code - if it's not too complicated for me.

I realize that writing a full fledged grid control requires a great deal of effort. Still, I think that even a basic grid would be a very valuable addition to Aurora'a capabilities.

Haim

sapero

Hello, am i the first? ;D

Steven Picard

Sapero, you are absolutely amazing!  :D

Haim

Wow, Thank yo so much.
incredible!
Now I'll have to s l o w l y study your code!   :)
Thanks again!

Haim

kryton9

That is really neat. definitly one to study.

I was wondering about the commented include files... did you just take what you needed from those and make the one include file?

sapero

Yup, i searched all my includes extra for you, it took a hour + extra time for finding why the parser is crashing ;)

Kale

ExMember001

Looking good Sapero nice work ;)

sapero

September 01, 2006, 02:08:34 PM #17 Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 03:15:50 PM by sapero
Thanx.
Some xp users have a problem: with a manifest file (file or resource) - on xp sp1 with extra installed sp2 it works fine.
On xp sp2 version 2002 i see only title and the first row with A,B,C,D. What's worng?

found it! in BabyGrid::OnCreate add this before CreateWindowEx:
#emit extern InitCommonControls
#emit call InitCommonControls

Barney

I have XP SP2 2002 and everything works OK here. Perhaps they did not run the Windows Update for a while...

Barney