April 25, 2024, 04:02:07 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Simple 3D Game

Started by kryton9, August 22, 2006, 06:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kryton9

August 22, 2006, 06:00:34 PM Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 05:11:04 PM by kryton9
Latest Current Version : 3d space race v3.src

Commands:
Escape Key - Exit the Game
Left and Righ Arrows - Control Steering
Up Arrow - Speed Boost
Down Arrow - Slow Speed

Display:
Red Numbers - Distance Dot Racer is in the lead
Green Numbers - Distance you are in the lead

Enjoy!

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

kryton9

Thanks zumwalt. Something to do till the next Aurora release comes out :) Going to play with sprites after I add a simple ai to race against.

John S

John Siino, Advanced Engineering Services and Software

Protected

I can't run this, I get an error message in portuguese, most likely from directx itself, about it being impossible to find the "entrance point for the dxbegin2d function in dx3d9r.dll".

kryton9

Quote from: John S on August 23, 2006, 09:43:39 PM
very nice work!

Thanks John. I got a simple ai, but there is bug somewhere. It runs fine in debug mode, but crashes in regular run mode. Tough one to track down. As soon as I feel it is stable I will release the next version. It does make it fun to have someone to race against. Hope to have that out soon.

kryton9

Quote from: Protected on August 24, 2006, 04:13:12 AM
I can't run this, I get an error message in portuguese, most likely from directx itself, about it being impossible to find the "entrance point for the dxbegin2d function in dx3d9r.dll".

Protected, the version released as far as I know is stable. I didn't have any problems while testing it.  It does sound like something wrong with directx but I don't enough to say where.

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

I suggest re-installing Aurora first, by completiy un-installing it then re-installing the latest build, A3R8
The error suggests you are using an older release.
That DLL is Paul's DLL to hook with DirectX, an entry point is like a door, and if the DLL is old it might not have the entry point, therefore no door.

Give this a try.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Also make sure you don't have Aurora or any of the 3D examples running when you update to the newest version of the compiler.
Ionic Wind Support Team

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

camPos = c.GetPosition();

should probably be

camPos = c.GetPosition(0);

kryton9

I tried the camPos(0), and it says wrong number of parameters. But what is funny is it is working now.
I placed the 0 in, got the wrong number of parameters message, took it out, and it compiled and ran with the execute button.