March 28, 2024, 09:09:04 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

#Inlcude bug

Started by J B Wood (Zumwalt), August 12, 2006, 09:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

As of this morning when I loaded Aurora, my project no longer compiles.
#include "V3.inc"

IS at the top nothing there changed, but the compiler is looking for it on the desktop????????????????????????????????

I can't seem to find a way to fix this!
HELP :(

Ionic Wind Support Team

Perhaps you saved the source file on the desktop by mistake.  The compiler always looks in the directory the source file is in, followed by  the 'include' directory.

I've made that mistake myself ;)
Ionic Wind Support Team

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

I've never put the source file on the desktop.
Thats the thing. Only thing on my desktop is my link to Aurora itself.

Ionic Wind Support Team

To be sure take you source file and do a 'save as' and chose the original directory.  Close the source file and then reopen it.

Really the include code is very simple and it can't pick a directory at random.  If your source file is located at:

c:\mystuff\techdemo\blah.src

And you do an #include "blah.inc"

The code that includes the file take the path the source is located at, chops of the "blah.src" and appends "blah.inc" before it tries to open it.

Ionic Wind Support Team

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

I blew away the awp file, all the o files and asms, pretty much cleaned out the folder of everything the compiler makes, and made a new project and re-included the src files and compiled, now it works.

Looks like something fishy. Something to keep an eye out for anyway.

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

I have been bitten here a couple of times. Aurora is path dependent on all includes and files.
I now put all the stuff associated with what I am working on in the same dir.
Also remember that you must be Path Specific with any executable and associated files you distribute.
I have found that I can execute a program from a shortcut but not load any graphics that are included in the
local directory. This is most noticable to me when I locate my files on other than the C drive.
I have not found a great way  to do this where I can execute from anywhere and have it pick up the necessary files.
I am sure there is a way. I want to distribute a file to be loaded and not need to specify a hard path to the loaded files
within the program.
As usual I am sure that this is something I am doing wrong.

John Syl.

August 12, 2006, 03:16:47 PM #6 Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 03:19:50 PM by puddytat
Wouldn't using GetStartPath() help for the executable side of things, any support files would normally reside in the same directory as the executable or a sub directory?

John
Intel 3.6 p4 ht, XP home,2 gb mem, 400 gb hd 20gb raid 0, Nvidia 6600le.
AMD k6-2 500, 40gb.

Started on PDP11 Assembler, BASIC, GWBASIC, 6502, Z80, 80x86, Java, Pascal, C, C++, 
IBasic (std & pro), Aurora, EBasic.  (Master of none, but it's been fun!)

Ionic Wind Support Team

Yep that is what GetStartPath() is for.
Ionic Wind Support Team