April 27, 2024, 10:26:13 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Aurora with 3Impact Engine

Started by J B Wood (Zumwalt), May 13, 2006, 07:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

May 13, 2006, 07:24:32 PM Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 07:32:01 PM by zumwalt
http://www.jbwws.com/jbwws/aurora/aurora3impactdemo.zip

Includes a code folder with the project, src and inc files, also includes a libs folder with the dll3impact.lib
I uploaded it to my personal space and posted the link since I can't post the entire project here.
I will also post the project files here.

//====================================================================
'// GENERAL DISCLAIMER
'//
'// Creator = Jonathan B Wood
'// End User = You / Your Team / Any 3'rd party developer.
'// Public Release Date = 5/13/2006
'//
'// This wrapper is provided as is, use at the End User's own risk.
'// The Creator assumes no responsibility for any damages
'// caused by the use of this wrapper in any applications written by the
'// End User.
'//
'// If the End User uses this wrapper in their projects, please keep the header intact
'// The End User may add or modify this wrapper as you see fit to work with their applications
'// as long as they agree to give credit to the Creator of the wrapper.
'// The wrapper is provided royalty free and may be modified at the End Users Discretion.
'//
'// This version is compliant with 4.2.0.0 of 3Impact as of 3/01/2006
'//
'// If you have any questions about the wrapper refer to the Creator at zumwalt@jbwws.com
'// If you have any questions about how to use the functions, refer to your preferences.txt
'// that comes with 3impact or the 3impact message boards.
'//
'// The End User may not rent / lease / sell the source to the wrapper, it is provided as a
'// resource to the community to help those who are looking to make a wrapper of there own.
'//
'// All copyrights and ownership of products belong to there original creators.
'// Neither Aurora or 3Impact have any responsibilty's to this wrapper.
'// Since Aurora is still in Alpha, there is no guarantee this will work going into any future builds.
'//====================================================================
#End Region

kryton9

That is really phenomenal zumwalt!
Very different type of 3d Demo, and fun once you get used to it :)

Does the dll3impact.dll have to be with the exe file when distributed to work?

Barney

Yesw. The DLL is needed in order for the compiled program to run. However, I've just tried it with MoleBox Pro and it runs perfectly on my machine as one single EXE file, which includes the DLL and all the media. Total size of the EXE was around 3 MB.

Barney

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

Whats Molebox Pro and do you have  URL for it?

Barney

May 14, 2006, 11:11:12 AM #4 Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 03:16:33 PM by Barney
It is a file and exe packer. It packs all the files needed for your application together with your exe file and compresses the result at the same time. Your example uses somwhere around 10 MB of disk space and the moleboxed exe is only 3 MB in size. There are two versions of the program with the crucial difference that only the more expensive Pro version can include DLL's into the compressed EXE. You can get it at:

www.molebox.com  (edited: originally I wrote ".pro" at the end. DOH!)

Barney

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

What program should I use for obfuscation and registeration system? I want something that generates keys and has a database system, any recomendations? I know Aurora uses something, I would like something like that!

Parker

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

Thanks, checking them out. I Appreciate all the help.

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

Tested with Alpha 3, revision 3, no changes needed at this time.

Ionic Wind Support Team

You will probably not have to change it for any of the revisions.  I really stress backwards compatibility when I code and if something drastic changes I'll post it with the revision announcement ;)
Ionic Wind Support Team

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

Thanks Ionic, I'll just deal with any new functions added by the 3Impact team for the code here. The fact that everything is passed byref, default, really makes things that much easier on me. Things are crazy at the house, so I don't have the time to update the code to add the 3 new functions that 3Impact added, but taking the code I already gave, and if you own 3Impact, it only takes like a few minutes of your time to update it yourself, I already did all the hard work for everyone how owns both products.

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

I've purchased molebox pro, very impressive..