April 29, 2024, 10:42:28 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Doppler radar display

Started by Ionic Wind Support Team, June 09, 2006, 09:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

Graham
I remember when the chemical plant 'forced' WIN3.1 on me in the engineering department.
I made them give me a 2nd computer for the window "games" so I could still get 'real' work done on my computer.

It took me a while to come around.

Larry
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

mrainey

Graham,

Didn't I recently read that you were buying a new Honda motorcycle, and previously had been quite excited about getting a new Royal Enfield?

Which one do you suppose has more fast-moving parts (my guess would be the Honda)?

And, which is more likely to get you where you're going with no problems, day after day (again, the Honda)?

It's all in the engineering.

For what it's worth, I usually have about forty processes going.  And I don't do periodic Windows reinstalls or have blue screens.

You'll like XP.   ;D

Software For Metalworking
http://closetolerancesoftware.com

Parker

Vista is just around the corner (or so says Microsoft. I thought it was supposed to be released long ago), which I don't really want to discourage anyone from updating if you want to, but according to the vista upgrade advisor many of our computers won't work with it. That I think is overdoing it. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling there's a few GBs of "fluff" in that OS.

GWS

Parker, Oh! joy  ::)

Mike, you're right about reliability - it's true I'd trust the Honda on a long, fast trip, but be apprehensive about the 40 year old Enfield technology - it wasn't designed for today's traffic conditions. Here's my new bike type (mine's actually a red one 'cos that's my granddaughter's fav color  :)) - only 90 miles on the clock yet ..

all the best, :)

Graham
Tomorrow may be too late ..