April 23, 2024, 05:39:47 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Hangman final version & challenge

Started by Andy, March 13, 2021, 07:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

March 13, 2021, 07:03:39 PM Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 11:58:17 PM by Andy
This is my final version of the hangman game and it comes with a challenge!

Anne (my better half) is really good with spelling / words, unlike me, and she has managed a top score of 35 correct words (10 to 19 characters) in 5 minutes (and never used a bonus star to reveal a letter).

Can you do better? if you can she would like a screen shot (no cheating please!).

As always, my programs are free for any one to use, and if you want to pass this on to others please do so (but safely).

Unzip the files to a new folder, run the program & choose your options first before playing.

It comes with an easy to read help file, so please spend a couple of minutes reading it.

It uses around 80,000 words so it's quite a challenge.

A massive thank you to Brian who has helped with this all the way.

It comes with the exe file already compiled, so you can just play it if you want to.

Finally, before you ask, Anne's best score screen shot looks slightly different to what you will see as I have added in a couple of words and changed two screens but the rest remains the same.

"I hate fractions, I can only do 1/5th of them" (another one of my terrible jokes).

Andy.
:)
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.