April 24, 2024, 05:59:59 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

3D Stuff

Started by Brian, March 08, 2021, 11:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

I was trying to run a program, and it complained with this line:
error=CREATE3DSCREEN(win,640,480,32)

In fact, all the 3D commands don't work at all

What am I missing from my installation to get programs like this to run?

Brian

DeeCee

Not sure on your end, Brian, but the DXCube example showed to complete the build, but upon trying to launch and run, it gave an error about a missing DX9 dll. It finally locked up my entire Linux box to the point I couldn't do anything. (I finally regained control without a total shut-down)

Does anyone know if DX9 is actually installed on the latest windows?

-Doc-

LarryMc

Where did you find that command?
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Andy

March 08, 2021, 11:04:32 PM #3 Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 11:15:37 PM by Andy
Brian,

I can't find any such IWB / EB command?

I have searched the forum and there are posts which use it, but looking through the code I can't see how the command is loaded or how it's interacting with these programs.

I searched MSDN and again can't find any mention of it?

Andy.
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

Andy

March 08, 2021, 11:26:01 PM #4 Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 11:31:57 PM by Andy
I did some more digging...

It seams / I think they are using the gdi32.dll file commands.

So I think Brian, you need to see if you can find this dll on your win 10 system.
I know you're on the 64 bit version, and there does seem to be some issues surrounding this dll.

Andy.
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

Brian

LarryMc

The program you are looking at was written in 2007.

The only place I can find that command is in a Feb 2007 .cpp file were it and a few other associated graphic commands are listed in the entire list of commands for IBasic/IBPro (not IWBasic)which was used to create the initial version of EBasic.

Then, at some later point in time (Aug 2007) those commands were abandoned and the current OOP commands were adopted (patterned after Aurora), which are listed in the help file.

So, the bottom line is that if you want to run those old programs you will have to convert them to the new commands.
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Brian

Larry, thanks for the explanation. I've had a look at the 3D Oops stuff - far too complicated for me!

Brian

billhsln

They don't call it OOPS for nothing.

Sorry, I couldn't resist the joke.

Bill
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

Egil

Quote from: Brian on March 08, 2021, 11:36:04 AMIn fact, all the 3D commands don't work at all
What am I missing from my installation to get programs like this to run?

I had similar problems with the IWB 3D examples some yars ago, which kind of forced me to read the User Guide.
By copying the file mentioned in the attached screendump into the same directory as the compiled software, my problems were gone.

Good Luck!

Egil

3d_IWB.png
Support Amateur Radio  -  Have a ham  for dinner!

Brian

Egil - Tried it, and got exactly the same results

Brian

LarryMc

Quote from: Brian on March 11, 2021, 11:28:00 AMEgil - Tried it, and got exactly the same results

Brian

That was what you had to be sure and do to get the old commands to work with the old IBasic before August 2007.
LarryMc

fasecero

Brian

Thanks for the advice, but it still barfs, even with the DirectX runtimes!

Brian

LarryMc

Goes back to my post (#12 in this thread).  If the commands no longer exists in the compiler you can add dlls till you are blue in the face and it won't help.  ;D
LarryMc