April 23, 2024, 08:12:13 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Region Buttons - A reminder please

Started by Andy, December 07, 2020, 10:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

December 07, 2020, 10:15:50 PM Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 10:21:48 PM by Andy
I've had problems with these before.

I looked at my posts on these from the past including the example program, but my brain has simply gone on this one!

The program simply refuses to load the bitmap into the button region - Help!

Attached is a simple window with the region bitmap and the bitmap itself.

Thanks,
Andy.
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

Brian

Andy,

Is this what you are thinking of?

Brian

Andy

Yes,

Thanks Brian, that's perfect My friend!

Andy.
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

Brian

Something for you to work on, though. At least it shows the clock, which is more than yours did!

Brian

Andy

Brian,

I changed it to a window - still works.

I'm working on changing the editor background colour, the buttons are all square and was playing around with the idea of shaped buttons which would look better when you change the colour.

Took me hours and I got no where - even though I've done it before.

My brain hurts!

Thanks again,
Andy.

Brian

Andy,

One of my programs uses just bitmap buttons. The bitmap image is round, on, of course, a square background. I just changed the surrounding space to match the colour of my window's background. No need to use regioning

Brian

Andy

Brian,

Just emailed you.

Any chance of having a look at that code, it would save me a lot of time if you can.

Thanks,
Andy.

LarryMc

LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Andy

December 10, 2020, 04:37:56 AM #8 Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 04:47:44 AM by Andy
Thanks again Brian!

Yes Larry, it's a great program of which I have a copy, but I wanted to keep things as simple as possible this time.

I have now changed over 50 buttons in my editor program which (famous last words) I hope to publish this weekend.

I've also added into the list of windows any caption title, which does help when you have a lot of windows, i.e. which window is doing what...

See attached,

Andy.
:)

billhsln

One of the few additions to IWB that I don't have.  But you know what I am going to get it for my Christmas present to me.

Bill
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.