March 28, 2024, 05:46:33 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Stop Go ..

Started by GWS, October 02, 2020, 08:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GWS

Hi Folks,

Here's a small demo program, originally written by Fletchie nearly 20 years ago.  :)

He used Dialog windows (which I never use myself), so I've re-jigged it using normal windows.

It shows a test window with a progress bar - pretending to be doing lots of calculations in an intensive loop.

The Stop button breaks out of the For Loop, and returns to the start window.

It also shows a method of using two 'child' windows within a Frame.

Best wishes, :)

Graham
Tomorrow may be too late ..

GWS

Hi,

In respect for the sadly missed Fletchie, it's only fair to include his original code.

This is from the days when we were all just beginning to get the feel for the new IBasic's power to create just about anything ..  :)

I had the honour to meet Fletchie and Paul here in England - so many years ago ..

Graham

Andy

Graham,

That's a nice bit of code, and well remembered!

Thanks for posting it, by the way, it's nice to see you posting again.

Andy.
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

Egil

Very nice code Graham, thanks for posting it.
Fletchie for sure was a very clever guy. I have seen much of his code, and have learnt a lot by studying it.

And while trying to absorb all the great code posted on the forum while I have been absent, I have started to wonder if we see the contour of a new Fletchie, living on one of the greek islands. ;D

Take care!

Egil
Support Amateur Radio  -  Have a ham  for dinner!

Andy

Very good Egil!  ;D

If only I was as smart as he was...

Andy.
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

aurelCB

wait a moment
GWS  
what iss this :

'pretending to do some complex calculations
for t = 1 to 100000
rect w2,(wW-200)/2,60,t/500,8,rgb(0,200,0),rgb(0,200,0)
wait 1
if (StopGo) then t = 100000 :' breakout of FOR loop
next t

is this some sort of fake progress bar created by filling with tiny rectangles?

Egil

Quote from: undefinedis this some sort of fake progress bar created by filling with tiny rectangles?

Hi Zlatko,

If you know a better way to start designing such a bar, please inform the rest of us. Preferrably with some working code included.

Regards,
Egil.

GWS

He.. He.. Aurel  ;D   Very funny ..

It's a bit of 'passing the time' code while the For loop whizzes around :)

There's a sort of fascination watching it.

Hope you are well ..

Graham

GWS

Hi Egil,

Nearly Winter in your part of the World ..   :o 

This year's been pretty awful with bugs everywhere.  Just trying to keep well here.

I shall be 84 in just a few weeks - so I can do without catching a virus ..

Graham

Egil

Hi Graham,

In my part of Norway the weather has been nice for weeks. An old legends says that it is because the bear soon go into hibernation, and he needs dry moss to sleep on. The mild and sunny weather dries the moss...

Guess we all can do better whithout both the corona pandemic and other viruses right now. So far we have avoided any corona cases here on the island, and I hope it stays that way. But see that the infection rate is increasing in other parts of the country after the governement eased the restrictions a little. But if everybody follow the health advice, the risk should be minimal.

Take care!

Egil

BTW: Became 75 in may... :-\

aurelCB

Hello
I think that i am well 

Quote from: undefinedIf you know a better way to start designing such a bar, please inform the rest of us. Preferrably with some working code included.
Egil

I dont know or better to say i know but right now i forget where is my code  ;D
well it is not clear to me why he created progress bar then he use rectangle..
with some sort of delay loop should be possible to do that effect..
or i am just babeling  ;D