March 28, 2024, 07:10:46 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Manually modify positions and sizes

Started by billhsln, November 25, 2017, 02:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billhsln

Is it possible to change the positions and sizes of objects under IWB+?  I can't seem to get the positions and sizes exactly as I would like using the mouse.  So I was wondering if it is possible to manually fix/change the numbers some where and then have them displayed correctly on the screen.

Thanks,
Bill
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

LarryMc

A multipart answer

Every control has a configurable default size.  So, when you select a control and drag it onto your form it will initially be that default size.
You can change the configurable default size at any time.
You can change the size of selected control on the form only with the mouse.
The location and size of the control currently selected is always displayed for you to see.

The location can be changed by use of the mouse.
If Snap to Grid is checked in the preferences the control will always reposition itself to the nearest gridpoint and over-ride any other repositioning command.
Grid Points will be in multiples of the numeric value entered in preferences.
Controls can be moved 1 pixel via the arrow keys
Controls can be moved 3 pixels via the arrow keys while holding the Ctrl key down

Multiple controls can be selected and moved : note the last control selected will be the control whose position and size is displayed

Hope that explains what you wanted to know Bill
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

billhsln

I did not know you could reposition via arrow keys, that should solve many of the positioning problems.  Does it also work for sizing?

Thanks,
Bill
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

LarryMc

From above
QuoteEvery control has a configurable default size.  So, when you select a control and drag it onto your form it will initially be that default size.
You can change the configurable default size at any time.
You can change the size of selected control on the form only with the mouse.
[/size]
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library