April 16, 2024, 05:56:37 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

dDoc IWB test

Started by Brian, December 02, 2019, 08:51:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

December 02, 2019, 08:51:54 AM Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 03:21:39 AM by Brian
Hi,

I was messing with Don Dickinson's dDoc - http://www.greatwebdivide.com/software.htm - and I realised that there had been a tutorial written ages ago, but not for IWB. Took a bit of converting, but here we are

Brian

Just added a ddoc.bmp, which was missing, and ddocml.ini, which I have modified slightly for the demo

billhsln

Thank you.  Very detailed.  Obviously will take a lot of time to digest all the info.

Thanks again,
Bill

PS, keep up the good work.
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

ckoehn

Brian,

I haven't looked at what you have but look at this link.  It was issues that I had with ddoc that sapero helped me with.  Specifically the #2 reply post.

DDOC error I had

Later,
Clint

Brian

Clint,

I haven't had any problems printing so far. I have a program working on a networked printer at a local school, with no bother reported. The only problems I have had (and mentioned by Dennis Comninos), is with the dpLabelX(iHandle,x), dpLabelY(iHandle,y) and dpText(iHandle,x,y,DDOC_LEFT,"Next label") calls. Can't get them to work. Can't be dpText, as that is used extensively in the sample

I also found a small problem with the dpAngleText function. The angle has to be an INT

Brian

ckoehn

I had issues with anything that returned a double or float if I remember right.  Sapero gave me the following code to fix that.  I searched the forum but couldn't find the post right off.

He said that immediately after anything that returned a double or float I needed to use the asm code he provided and it should work. It did take care of my problems. Here is the code.

lSpc=dpTextWidth(prtFile," ")
_asm
fstp dword[esp-4]
_endasm
Later,
Clint

ckoehn

Finally found it..

This is the link I was talking about.

DDOC errror

Later,
Clint