March 28, 2024, 06:57:57 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

IWB editor recent files list

Started by Andy, October 22, 2019, 12:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

Bill was asking was there a way to set keywords to uppercase / lowercase.

Well with Brian's help, I've managed it, I can get the name of the source code you want to convert from the IWB window caption e.g. "IWbasic - [Read4.iwb]" (where Read4.iwb is the file I want).

But how do I get the path to it?

It is shown in the recent files list - but how do I access this list? or find the path?

Any suggestions please!

Thanks,
Andy.
 :)
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

billhsln

October 22, 2019, 01:56:20 PM #1 Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 02:13:57 PM by billhsln
I think I found what you are looking for file 'IWBDev.ini', under the 'IWBDev3\bin' directory, depends on where you installed IWBDev3.  Pull up the ini file and look for:

Also check on: [CompilerOpts], which seems to have only programs that load when the compiler loads.

[Files]
loadlast= 1
lastfile=
entries= 0
lpaths= 1
openparentproject= 0
f1=c:\users\public\documents\iwbasic\myprogs\csb\kyle_orders.iwb
f2=c:\users\public\documents\iwbasic\myprogs\merge multi files\merge_multi_files-s.iwb
f3=c:\users\public\documents\iwbasic\myprogs\csb\chase_paymentech.iwb
f4=c:\users\public\documents\iwbasic\myprogs\order entry\order_entry-load.iwb
f5=c:\users\public\documents\iwbasic\myprogs\utilities\move_onedrive_files.iwb
f6=c:\users\public\documents\iwbasic\myprogs\misc\recurse_delete_empty_dirs.iwb
f7=c:\users\public\documents\iwbasic\myprogs\csb\amazon_uk_orders-32.iwb
f8=c:\users\public\documents\iwbasic\samples\eblexer\eblexer.iwb
f9=c:\users\public\documents\iwbasic\samples\ukflag\ukflag.iwb
f10=c:\users\public\documents\iwbasic\myprogs\ntclc_membership\ntclc_membership_for_callingpost.iwb

This looks like what you might be looking for.

Bill
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

LarryMc

I can't remember off the top of my head but you might be able to have the same file name in different folders. I'd check before to depend on this method alone too much.  Or at least warn the user and make sure the path you pick is the path the User is wanting to pverwrite.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

billhsln

I was just thinking that it could update the file and save the original as filename.iwb-orig or some thing like that.  Always keep old versions, you never know when you are going to do something stupid and delete code you need.  I have done this multiple times (dropbox has saved me a few times, along with my backups).

Bill

Andy

Bill & Larry,

Thanks guys, as the program I am writing for Bill / IWB users (Capitallise keywords) we are compitant to find our own location of IWBDev.ini.

Bill,

I have managed (with Brian's help) to write a program for you that will as said capitalise / lowercase keywords for you / us.

I'm just working on tabs in the middle of lines now, but everything seems to be working well.

As soon as it's finished I will release it.

Thanks,
Andy.
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

billhsln

Thank you.  Will make it easier to change all my programs to having upper case for all keywords.

Thanks,
Bill

Andy

Bill,

Just a couple of slight bugs in it yet  ::) , I have more time tomorrow, hopefully I can release it then.

Andy.