March 28, 2024, 07:22:06 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Can you draw in Richedit

Started by billhsln, August 31, 2019, 06:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billhsln

August 31, 2019, 06:17:20 PM Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 06:19:01 PM by billhsln
I was wondering if I could put a line drawing into a Richedit.

Thinking:

This is a line of text (would allow up to 133 chars).
_________|_________|_________|_________|_________|_________|_________|_________|_________|
         1         2         3         4         5         6         7         8         9

But where _________| is done with a LINE command.  I want smaller |'s for each single char, a slightly larger | for 5's and then the largest | for the 10's.

Working on creating a text editor to split reports into some thing that can be easily loaded into a Spread Sheet from a flat file.

Thanks,
Bill

PS, I create a lot of spread sheets for work off of reports sent to the printer, so I am thinking of something that I can add tab's or comma's between fields and if the field is numeric, but the negative sign is after the number or it has ()'s to show negatives, I want to convert it to a standard numeric, with the - sign in front of the number.
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

Brian

Bill,

Why not make your own font up? Should be easy enough

Brian

fasecero

Brian's right,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Box-drawing_character

Quote from: undefinedBox-drawing characters, also known as line-drawing characters, are a form of semigraphics widely used in text user interfaces to draw various geometric frames and boxes.

─────┴─────
Unfortunately, these are only drawn correctly in unicode, you would need a richedit unicode to do it.

Alternatively you could make a small image for each "necessary block" and paste as appropriate.

─ ┴