March 28, 2024, 06:20:45 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Harmonica Composer and Tablature

Started by GWS, March 08, 2019, 08:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GWS

Hi folks,

A few years ago (where do they go?), I posted a Harmonica Tablature program in the IWB section.

This is an updated version. :)

I wrote the original version in IW because I needed it's PlayMidi facilities.
It was based on Jolly Roger's method of creating an entire midi file for each tune, which could be played end to end.

This worked fine, except while it was playing, you lost track of where it had got to in the music. ::)

So I determined to write it another way, which plays as midi notes - but one note at a time ..  :o

This proved much better, because I could now track where the music had got to while playing a tune.

It also meant that I could write it in Creative Basic ..  ;D

So here it is - with an example tune Besame Mucho. :)

When you start the program, you can use the File: Load Music, to load the example.  Then click on Play Nusic to play the tune.

Each time you save a tune, the program writes a file Out.txt, which is a crude text output of the harmonica tablature.

This file should be renamed to save it for a particular tune, since the out.txt file will be overwritten each time you save another piece of music.

The text file can be read into Word to re-format it for printing. An example of the output format is in the file Besame.doc.

This version has been redone using harmonica midi only.

All the best, :)

Graham

Tomorrow may be too late ..