March 29, 2024, 06:31:18 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Any interest for Tetris game written in IWB?

Started by jalih, February 20, 2018, 10:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jalih

Hi all,

Just got my Tetris clone written in 8th programming language mostly finished (Still missing sound support and high score list).

It's source code is included as tetris.8th along with runnable binaries for some operating systems and are available here.

Any interest for seeing this game written in IWB?

Brian

February 21, 2018, 02:14:44 AM #1 Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 09:49:45 AM by Brian Pugh
Jalih,

I downloaded the zip file, looked at the .8th code, and I blew a fuse! I would love to see how this converts to IWB. I remember Alyce Watson's son wrote a Tetris clone for Liberty Basic, and I have tried to find the source code, with no success

Incidentally, the 64-bit executable upset my Avast, and wouldn't run, but they have reported back this morning that it is safe, so I will have a go today

Edit: Runs OK. As you say, short of sounds, bit flat without them. Needs a small help menu to explain the keys to use, etc

Brian

jalih

April 06, 2018, 12:42:53 PM #2 Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 12:45:00 PM by jalih
Quote from: Brian Pugh on February 21, 2018, 02:14:44 AM
Edit: Runs OK. As you say, short of sounds, bit flat without them. Needs a small help menu to explain the keys to use, etc

The 8th still seems to have problem with sound support on Windows, so I have put my Tetris game "on hold" until sound  works correctly. In the  meantime, I decided to port old Sokoban game to the 8th from the Plan 9 and Inferno operating systems.

This one should keep you puzzled for the next few years.

Source code is inside "soko.8th" text file and Windows binaries are inside "out" directory. This is another game that could port quite easily to the IWB.

billhsln

Searched for the Liberty Basic Zetris (Tetris clone), had no luck, but did find a Small Basic version.  Find it attached.

Bill
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

Brian

Here's another Sokoban game written in IBasic. I don't know who wrote it - somebody might
have an idea. It's very good - I managed to get to about Level 5

If you edit the level.dat file, you can change the number to 11, and I have never managed
to do it - it looks impossible to me

Enjoy

Brian

Brian

If the SmallBasic version of Sokoban that Bill found is called "SOKOcute," I have the .png and .wav
files that go with it. Otherwise, it looks on the internet for the files, and uses them from there
every time you use it. Makes it a tad slow!

If anybody wants them, just yell

Brian

jalih

Quote from: Brian Pugh on April 08, 2018, 04:40:48 AM
Here's another Sokoban game written in IBasic. I don't know who wrote it - somebody might
have an idea. It's very good - I managed to get to about Level 5

This one is very nice!

I made a small update for my Sokoban game and feature wise it is now quite complete: Pull-down menu for level selection, 108 levels and undo stack.

I am thinking about adding mouse and touch screen support for making moves. Path finding could be used to automatically move between empty tiles using the shortest route. It would work nicely, if I decide to do Android version.

aurelCB

wow this is old post ..
however i become curious what is this .8th
I simply don't get it what people see in such a languages
complex syntax without visible reason( looks like wrapper around C/C++)
full of bugs - i peek into that forum..???
...and is commercial ?????????

thanks but no!