April 19, 2024, 12:11:59 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Removing @MAXBOX

Started by Brian, November 28, 2017, 08:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

Attached is the latest update... version 1 of the custom window lib / include files.

I've put a lot of the code into a lib file, which makes our own programs smaller and easier to understand.

You now have multiple popup menus for each menu title, including separators, and icons made easy.

I haven't got as far as separators / icons for pop up items yet, and no you can't have a pop up within a pop up yet.

Think this is looking good now so far.

As always, copy the lib file to your IWBDev \ libs folder, and the inc file to your IWBDev \ Include folder.

Andy.
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

Brian

Hi,

Just had a quick mess with the window code. I thought maybe I could restrict the window's size by measuring the caption text, and then not allowing the window to be smaller than the length of the text. This works somewhat, but I can't figure out how to stop the window being wider than its initial width

Seems like text widths are different than window pixel widths

Brian

Andy

Brian,

I also have code to do that too!

Will Get back to you today.

Andy.
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

Andy

December 23, 2017, 06:07:29 AM #28 Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 06:18:04 AM by Andy
Brian,

I have added two optional values into the WindowMinSize routine, so you can set a maximum X and Y size for the window.

Here I've just set it to it's original size of 600 x 400.

case WM_GETMINMAXINFO '<-- Must include this section.
                        WindowMinSize(420,300,600,400) '<-- Min X / Min Y size of the window - here 420 across, 300 down.
                                              '<-- Last two parameters, original X / Y window size.

Hope this helps! - see attachment - don't forget to move those inc / libs files to C:\IWBDev folders.

Andy.

Brian

Excellent - good stuff. Works better than my efforts

Brian

Andy

No problem Brian,

A little Christmas present from me!

Andy.
:)