April 25, 2024, 10:44:44 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Most Recently Used File code

Started by Brian, February 06, 2018, 06:18:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

February 06, 2018, 06:18:27 AM Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 03:32:53 AM by Brian Pugh
Hello,

I was just messing with some old IBasic code from Alyce Watson concerning Most Recently Used File code (MRUF). The example here saves the path and filename of the last file opened, up to a maximum of six files. Filenames are written to a file called MRUF.ini

Just use the File > Open file menu to select a few files, and see them being added to the File menu. The files are not actually opened in this program, it's just dummy code to show how it's done

Might be useful for someone

Brian

Edit: Tidy up of code

Andy

Like this Brian,

I could see that as being useful in a menu (if you see where I'm coming from).

Good find.

Andy.
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

LarryMc

I used that in the Recent files and recent Projects menu options in the IWBasi IDE and IWB+ IDE
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library