April 29, 2024, 01:44:00 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Icons in applications

Started by Brian, August 07, 2017, 11:21:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Can someone give me the lowdown on adding icons to an application using resources?
Like what number to use, what sizes of icons to use, etc? If I use IWB 2.09 with a value
of 103 I don't have any problem with the application icon showing up in the titlebar,
but using Larry's IDE, using the same settings, the icon doesn't appear

Thanks a lot,

Brian

LarryMc

Here's the line from the resource for the Snippet Manager which I just released and update of.
And I compiled as a project using the latest version of the IDE.
Quote1 ICON "iw.ico"
and the icon file was/is 32x32 pixels

what is the contents of your .rc file?
did you happen to relocate you project?

LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

ckoehn

LarryMc would know more about it than I do, but 101 with different sized icons in the ico file, will be placed on the desktop, in the title bar, in the bar at the bottom, ect.  16 x 16 to 64 x64.  I use an old version of IcoFX.

Later,
Clint

LarryMc

you're correct Clint;  I was just trying to give him a sure, simple fix to see where we are at.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Brian

Thanks, Chaps,

I figured it out. I have a gammy ring finger that is bent at right angles to the others. I must have inadvertently changed my ID of 101 to 103, and it didn't like it!

But it doesn't explain why, when I have an ico file that has 16x16, 24x24, 32x32, 48x48 and 64x64 sizes in, that the right sizes don't get displayed when in Explorer > View mode. Even adding a 256x256 in doesn't show up

It must all be down to the ID numbers, and I can't seem to find an explanation anywhere

Brian