March 28, 2024, 12:22:58 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Snippet Manager Problem

Started by markem, May 24, 2017, 10:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markem

May 24, 2017, 10:43:58 PM Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 10:37:23 AM by markem
Snippet Manager installed without a glitch but when I run it I get this error. Is there a PATH statement I need to create? TIA! :-)

I thought I'd expand on this a bit. IWBasic installed without a glitch. IWB+ installed (and runs) without a glitch. The button creator installed and runs without any problems. Only the snippet manager (which I installed last and have even uninstalled and re-installed again) won't work. It just keeps giving me this error.

So it isn't that IWBasic isn't installed because it is installed and works beautifully. So I have no idea why the Snippet Manager won't work. :-/

LarryMc

OOps!
You just reminded me that I never finished a required update.
The Snippett Manager is looking for a registry entry so it can find where IWBasic is.

One of the enhancements of IWBasic 3.x is that it no longer uses the registry.  This was so that you could load IWB on a memory stick and carry it from computer to computer..

I had worked on the upgrade last year, worked my self into a whole, got real confused, and finally had to scratch all that work and start over on the upgrade.  It sort of got lost in the shuffle and I haven't done anything on it since Jan and honestly had forgotten all about the need for finishing the upgrade.

If you had had a EBasic or the original version of IWBasic installed the Snippett Mgr would have worked for you.

In the mean time let's see if we can fool it and get you in business.
The following is a regedit text file that should add a single entry in your registry file.
you'll need to change the file ext from .txt to .reg and run it with admin privilges.  you can look at it with a text editor before you run it to make sure I didn't sneak anything else in there.

Let me know if it works
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

markem