April 24, 2024, 10:57:28 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Times Table program

Started by Brian, February 21, 2017, 12:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Well, I reckon that's it. My "simple" times table program has grown a bit. I have now made a Project of it so that the bitmaps and icon are embedded in the exe. Makes it more portable

When I went to school (quite a time ago, believe me) we had to do our times tables up to 12. I asked one of my grandsons today what they used to do, and he said they went up to 10. No wonder standards are slipping!

Anyway, I had set the program to display 12 lines, so I have now defaulted it 10, with an option to display less or more as you see fit. Also added the Printer and Speech buttons, and a combobox for number of lines, and Tooltips

Notes:

Changing the "Times what?" requires the Enter key to be pressed

"No of lines" works straight away

The Printer button sends a bitmap to the Clipboard, ready for pasting and printing with something like MSPaint

The "Chat" button outputs all of the lines displayed as speech. If you have 20 lines displayed, be patient, because
the program will not be active again until it has finished speaking

Maybe you should test it first on two or three lines, to get the idea

Enjoy!

Brian

ckoehn

February 23, 2017, 07:28:46 AM #1 Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 07:58:38 AM by ckoehn
Maybe you're not quite finished  ;D

Couldn't help but play around a little more with the printout...

Later,
Clint

Brian

That's good, Clint

Trouble is, with your (unmodified) code, all the lines are truncated. Looks like this:

Rachel's Little Multiplica
Times what
1 x 9 = (but only the left half of the equals sign)
etc

I am using A4 paper, 210 x 297mm. Letter doesn't really get used over here

Brian

ckoehn

Sorry about that Brian.  At the top of the program I have:
Int prtDPI = 300  'this is printer dots/inch, you may need to change it to Dots/mm
INT prtWidth = 8            'this is width in inches, change to say, 210 for mm
INT prtHeight = 10.5      ' this is inches, change to 297 for mm

Let me know how it goes.  If I have time I may play around with A4 size an see what needs to be done.

Later,
Clint

Brian

Clint,

Changing the prtDPI to 200 makes it print perfectly. I also changed the settings to A4 measurements, as well

Shutting down now for the evening. Thank you

Brian

ckoehn

Good deal.  Glad I could help.

Later,
Clint

Brian

OK, here is the latest effort of the Times Table program. Main thing with this one is that you can press the Printer button, and it saves a bitmap of the current table to the start path, and then loads it into MSPaint for you to print it, or otherwise

I have allowed one second to pass to give the program time to save the bitmap, before opening it. I do have a rather fast PC, and it works for me. But if you have a slower PC, it may be worth upping the Sleep time a bit at Line 117

Removed the zip file from the first post

Brian