April 19, 2024, 11:34:49 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Error creating import library

Started by Andy, June 14, 2016, 11:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

June 14, 2016, 11:43:19 PM Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 11:52:52 PM by Andy
I've noticed I cannot import a dll any more.

I found a copy of IWB 2095 setup so I installed it, the import worked correctly.

I wondered if it could be Windows 10, so I tried both versions in Win 7 - the same problem:

IWB 2.095 (IDE 2.09) (Compiler 2.095) works
IWB 3.03 does not import, just replies with "Error creating import library".

I found copies of IWB 3.02 and 3.01 - both have the same problem as 3.03, so somewhere between 2.095 and 3.01 is where the problem lies - unless it works for you.

Both Windows 10 and 7 are 32-bit systems.

Thanks,
Andy.
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

LarryMc

Do you  have IWB installed  in the "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)" folder?

If so, that will cause that error because that folder causes the libs folder to be write protected so the static lib file can't be created.

Try installing IWB somewhere else, if that's where you have it installed; or maybe try installing it with ADmin privileges.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Andy

June 15, 2016, 04:06:01 AM #2 Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 10:50:41 PM by Andy
I ran the setup program for IWB 3.03 as Admin and installed to a folder called "MyIWB", when finished I imported the dll correctly.

Just to make sure, I closed IWB and opened it again (without running as Admin), repeated the process and again it worked.

Thanks Larry!

Andy.
:)
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

Andy

June 17, 2016, 07:21:46 AM #3 Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 07:26:29 AM by Andy
Larry,

Just a thought, it might be better to change the default setup location (in the IWB setup program) to default to the local C drive rather than C:\Program Files, then you can choose a different folder rather than being guided to Program Files.

Obviously I thought Program Files was the logical choice, however due to Admin rights (even though I'm an Admin user) It's better to install to a new folder or one you have full rights for i.e. one you created.

Thanks,
Andy.