April 30, 2024, 08:42:55 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Controls and key press

Started by Andy, April 24, 2016, 11:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

Attached is the hex editor for a file, this one works from a string:

e.g. "A1 00 12 BF 04....." etc

Click "Save" to close the window and see the console output.

Bill,

Yes your compile problem is very strange.....

Andy.
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

Bill-Bo

Andy,

I'm sorry, but I do not see how your hex editor can be of any use. It seems useless to have to enter a hex string into a program and run it to edit it, when you can do the editing right then and there. Most any hex editor you find on the internet, you open a file and the hex is displayed on the left and the ASCII on the right. And you can do the editing on either side. Yours does not open a file to edit. It displays a string from within the program to edit. You can edit only on the hex side. And, any edits you make cannot be saved, even though, it you have a save button.

It neat what you did, but you have to enter a string into the program itself, you can't open and external file and edit it. Or, even save it.

Bill

Andy

April 28, 2016, 02:03:37 AM #27 Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 05:04:27 AM by Andy
Bill,

This new example was just to show you how you can load hex values into the Editor, page through and make amendments.

This example can easily be changed to read in a file instead of a string, and then save the changes to a file.

QuoteYou can edit only on the hex side
Rome wasn't built in a day.

QuoteI'm sorry, but I do not see how your hex editor can be of any use. It seems useless to have to enter a hex string into a program and run it to edit it, when you can do the editing right then and there.

It's not about the source of the hex values, or where you are saving them - It's about a working Editor for hex values.

Andy.

Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

Bill-Bo

April 28, 2016, 08:24:57 AM #28 Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 08:34:26 AM by Bill-Bo
Andy,

Okay. Please don't get mad. I'd play hell doing the coding you do. Plus, I'm grateful for all the help you've provided me the last couple months or more.

Keep up the great work.

Bill

Andy

Bill,

Don't worry, not getting mad at all.  :)
And thanks for the compliment!

Andy.

Andy

For those of you who might be interested, I've now added in Adding / Editing binary and Expandable strings into my registry viewer / editor.

I now have the last task - learn how to read / edit multi strings, after that I will be very happy with the program and will upload a copy.

See attached screenshot.

Thanks,
Andy.