April 30, 2024, 05:12:41 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Two Questions - Fletchie's control pack and My code

Started by Andy, April 11, 2016, 03:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-Bo

April 13, 2016, 01:43:27 PM #25 Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 02:25:19 PM by Bill-Bo
To all,

Will this do me any good? I do not have IB Pro. Or, am I confused in that it's just that Fletchie used the Pro to write the viewer? I put it in my 3.03's bin dir and the ihp in the help dir, but it didn't work. With Andy's new chm, it doesn't matter, I guess.

Egil, besides the viewer, will example files work with our current version of IWBasic? I know I was wrong in indicating to Andy that the viewer would. I know I could try some of them, but I figured you might have already.

Also, LarryMc, there seems to be two ctl.inc's. The one you attached and the one in Fletchies Control Pak.zip that I attached. Which should be used? I would think the one in his pak.

Bill

Egil

QuoteI do not have IB Pro.

Neither have I.
But the original IB Pro source code can be compiled with EB directly just by changing the extension from .iba to .eba.
All I have done with the example files posted, is changing the file extensions to .iwb, and correct the syntax for the main loop in the windows examples so they compile whithout warning when using IWB.
I compiled  all the example files in IWB before posting, and they worked ok. And they demonstrate clearly how many of Fletchie's Library functions work.

QuoteWill this do me any good?

Well, thats is up to you to decide.
Support Amateur Radio  -  Have a ham  for dinner!

Andy

Egil,

You did a great job converting the examples to IWB.

There is some very interesting code here, I especially like the system tray example.

Adding the help file to your IDE editor:
Probably something most of you know... but anyway, now I've converted Fletchies help file to a .chm file, you can add it into the help section of your IDE.

Tools, Help Menu Editor, Add.
Enter a name for it and browse to the converted help file.

I have already added Larry's custom button and custom chart help files, just makes it convenient.

One missing file:
Uiapi.inc

Don't seem to have (or can't find it) so the Slider example would not compile - does anyone have it?

Thanks,
Andy.

Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

Egil

Hi Andy,

Forgot to post the corrected file for the slider example, sorry.

Instead of $include "Api\\UIApi.inc", use $include "UIApi.inc".
If the inc file still can't be found, I'll post it.

Andy

Egil,

I noticed the path, changed it, but still could not find the include file anywhere on my pc.

So if you could post it that would be great.

Thanks,

Andy.
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

Egil

Here it is. If it's not a part of  the Windowssdk collection of files, I have no idea how I got hold of it.
It's in my IWBDev3\include directory.

Good luck!

Andy

Egil,

Thanks so much!

I think I will add that to the new help file just in case someone else does not have it.

They will be able to copy and paste it and make their own copy.

Thanks again,

Andy.

Egil

You are Welcome!  ;D ;D

QuoteYou did a great job converting the examples to IWB

Not really... The greater part of the job was  done with a file I called rename.bat in the same directory, containing the text: "ren *,iba *.iwb", and ran it.  ::)
To preserve the IBA files I could have used the text "copy *.iba *.iwb".

The good old batch files, from the age of DOS 1.0 still rules!

Bill-Bo

My question about which ctl.inc file has not been answered.

Bill

Andy

Bill,

As far as I can see, they are all the same, just a few empty lines more in the contol pak version.

I paged down one at a time the inc files and as I said, all I could find was one or two blank lines in the original control pak version - so as far as I can see - you can use any of them.

Andy.
:)

Andy

New - complete Fltechies Control Pak and revised help file with include files and example programs.

Attached is the above, I've updated the help file with the include files and example programs added into the help file for ease.

Credit to Egil included in the help file for the examples - thanks.

The attached file has:
The new help file, the two include files, the lib file and the example programs.

This should now be the full comprehensive download for Fletchie's control pak.

Thanks,
Andy.

Bill-Bo

Brian

Andy,

Well done with Fletchie's control pack stuff. I have found four more files of his,
but I don't know what to do with them, really. Have a look. I think one of them
should be an include file, not .iwb

Brian

LarryMc

Brian
The attachment in the preceding post was a zip with some files.
These aren't files that are compatible with IWBasic.
These are original IBasic files which are compatible with CBasic and one of them is an add-on IBasic COMPONENT file.
You need to put the original file ext on the file names and post them in the CBasic forum for Graham.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Andy

Bill and Brian,

Thanks for the positive feedback, it did take some work to recreate the help file, and if it helps everyone then that's good enough for me, however a thank you is always welcome.

So thanks everyone!

If there are any more files that need to be added, just let me know and I can update the help file accordingly.

Thanks again,

Andy.