March 28, 2024, 02:40:14 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Double-click message

Started by Bruce Peaslee, October 29, 2015, 10:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Peaslee

I am enjoying my new IWGrid project.

Is there a way to process a double click?
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."
iTired (There's a nap for that.)
Well, I headed for Las Vegas
Only made it out to Needles

LarryMc

Not without me modifying the code to return a message.
Can you be more specific about why you are needing the double click?
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Bruce Peaslee

There is no need to modify the code for just for me.

I have a list of items. I would like to be able to double click on a row and have a dialog open. I currently have a regular button control that will do that, button double-clicking seems intuitive.
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."

LarryMc

you want to DC on a cell or on a row?
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Bruce Peaslee

For this application it would be a row, but in the long run it would not matter.
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."

LarryMc

I'll look into it for you Bruce.  Might be something real easy.
LarryMc

LarryMc

While looking into the double-click possibility it brought back some old memories from when I was writing the custom control tutorial.
Separating the action of a click and a double click is not a simple process.
In IWG I have already complicated the matter because I have things happening on the left button-down event and I have things happening on the left button-up event to determine if a cell was clicked; a button was clicked;a check box was clicked; an edit has been started; and whether or not a column is being resized.  Trying to fit a double-click in all that mess would make my like a lot more complicated than I want to make it right now.

Now, adding a right click message is a different story.  It appears that shouldn't cause me any grief.  I could add that if that would help you out.  If you don't need that right now I'll put it on my to-do list.  Let me know.
LarryMc

Bruce Peaslee

That's fine. I do not see any need for a right-click message so it can go on the list.

Thanks for taking a look.
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."

Brian

Bruce,

In an application that I have written with IWGrid, I am using the F1 key when a line is highlighted,
rather than not being able to double-click it. In my case, it brings up the database for editing

Brian

Bruce Peaslee

Quote from: Brian Pugh on November 24, 2015, 12:04:43 PM
Bruce,

In an application that I have written with IWGrid, I am using the F1 key when a line is highlighted,
rather than not being able to double-click it. In my case, it brings up the database for editing

Brian

Not a bad idea. I was thinking of adding F-keys to the buttons for those who are mouse-adverse  ;)

I might also experiment with how far apart two single clicks are to see if that can detect a double click. As I said, things are fine right now so I want to concentrate on the other data elements and of course how to save the data.
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."

Bruce Peaslee

I am back on this project. When looking at the documentation (yes, I have been known to do that  :D ), I found that the grid control does detect single clicks. I thought to myself that then I should be able to detect double clicks. It turns out that I can. Here is the code.

'â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"
Sub dlgAGENDA_HANDLER(), int
'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Static bool bClicked = false

Select @MESSAGE
'------------------
Case WM_CTLCOLORDLG
Return CreateSolidBrush(DLGCOLOR)
Case @IDINITDIALOG
dlgAgenda_Initialize()
Case @IdTimer
bClicked = false
StopTimer dlgAgenda
Case @IDCONTROL
Select @CONTROLID
Case iwgAgendaItems
If (@NOTIFYCODE == @IWGN_CELLCLICKED)
If (bClicked == true)
bClicked = false
StopTimer dlgAgenda
DoModal dlgItem, dlgAgenda
Else
bClicked = true
StartTimer dlgAgenda, 250 [color=red]'deadline for second click[/color]
EndIf

EndIf
'-----------------------------------
If (@NOTIFYCODE == @IWGN_ROWCHANGED)
dlgAgenda_SetControls()
gCurrentAgendaRow = IWG_GetCurrentRow(dlgAgenda, iwgAgendaItems)
EndIf
Case btnAgendaRecordNonMotion
If (@NOTIFYCODE == BN_CLICKED)
dlgAgenda_RecordNonMotion()
EndIf
Case btnAgendaOpenItem
If @NOTIFYCODE == BN_CLICKED
DoModal dlgItem, dlgAgenda
EndIf
EndSelect
Case @IDMENUPICK
Select @MENUNUM
Case AGENDA_FILE_SHOWMINUTES
wMinutes_WriteMinutes()
ShowWindow wMinutes, @SWSHOW
EndSelect
EndSelect

Return 0
EndSub

Makes me smile. (Hope it works well in production.)
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."