April 19, 2024, 12:34:07 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Run Icon on IDE Menu Grays Out

Started by Logman, August 25, 2015, 08:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logman

August 25, 2015, 08:32:51 AM Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 08:35:56 AM by Logman
I've noticed that after compiling and running a single build program several times, the RUN ICON grays out and can no longer be selected.

Here's a picture of what it looks like"

The icon seems to gray out randomly. Sometimes I can work for an hour before it occurs and other times it grays out only after a few minutes.

I can still click on the BUILD MENU and select COMPILE AND RUN or just click on the COMPILE AND RUN ICON on the second row, but sometimes I just want to rerun the program to observe the results. I can't when the RUN ICON grays out.

Logman
Education is what you get when you read the fine print.<br />Experience is what you get when you don't!

billhsln

My first guess, since you are working on the program in process, would be that if the last compile aborted, there is no EXE to run.  It gets deleted when you compile and if the compile fails, there is no longer an EXE to run.

This has happened to me.

Bill
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

Bruce Peaslee

If that is the problem, deletion of the exe can be turned off.

Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."
iTired (There's a nap for that.)
Well, I headed for Las Vegas
Only made it out to Needles

Logman

Let me check and see if this is happening. At first glance, I don't think this is the case, but I'll set up some code that causes the program not to compile and see what happens.

Logman
Education is what you get when you read the fine print.<br />Experience is what you get when you don't!