April 20, 2024, 06:31:52 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Mac oprating system

Started by Andy, May 01, 2015, 07:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

Hi,

I can confirm that the software I have written runs in Mac OS X too.

So, as far as I know IWB .exe's should run in:
Windows,
Linux,
and Mac.

If you need to know how I got my exe's to run in Mac, please send me a PM, not sure if it's okay to put a link to a site that helped here.

Thanks,
Andy.
:)
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

aurelCB

I am not sure what is the point of this :
if you wish to know how?
To be clear...most of EBasic programs run on linux via Wine.
Another thing is performance .
DirectX programs i have tested not run on Unixodis.

Egil

Quote from: aurelCB on May 02, 2015, 01:31:22 AM
I am not sure what is the point of this

The point is that many of us do not trust the Linux distros very much.
When you are new to an operating system, you always get to the point where you need to know, and get answers to all your questions.
So lets just face it, all the Linux distros I have tried, have been lacking documentation, and  when asking on different user forums, I have been told to study the doumentation of anothe package, which again refered to a third package... e.t.c.
And I'm not the only one having had this experience.
Pity that the Mac's are so overpriced, and that Micro$oft don't take their customers opinion very seriously.

Support Amateur Radio  -  Have a ham  for dinner!

Andy

Yes, I agree.

I was coming more from the angle that so many of these mobile devices use a version of Linux.

And I was just interested to know if / how a windows .exe file could be made to run on such mobile devices that's all.

It just seemed natural, that once I had managed it in Linux, then Mac was the next to try.

I am, and always will be a "Windows" person. I do like Ubuntu Linux, but the one thing that frustrates me, and everyone else is that Linux is so dependant on command line instructions.

These commands vary from distro to distro, and without Internet to help, it's damn near impossible at times.

I was brought up on MS DOS, but it was much easier to use.

I still think Windows is the best kind of OS.

Andy.
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

aurelCB

QuoteI still think Windows is the best kind of OS.