April 24, 2024, 05:54:56 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Changing brightness of a background image???

Started by Egil, March 11, 2015, 05:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

FINALLY, got the subroutine algorithm finished that returns the lat/long of the mouse pointer when the 'g' or 'p' key is clicked regardless of which of the 3 map views is displayed.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

LarryMc

Finished ~90% of the code for displaying the flight info when you press the 'p' key while the cursor is over a plane symbol.
I used a Listbox control but it is giving me alignment problems on the text so I'll convert it over to a Listview and that will take care of that.

What I did discover is that there seems to be some sort of error in my calculation for the heading when the pointer is pointing to the 11 o'clock position(as you can see from the bogus number in the screen shot).  Will have to figure that out.

Won't get much else done today.  Have to go get my legs ultra sounded today to see if maybe we can balloon them to help the circulation and improve the feeling in my lower legs and feet.  Got to where my feet 'burn' almost all the time.
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

LarryMc

with a listview
LarryMc

LarryMc

got the problem fixed; had to do with tan of 90 degrees (divide by zero)
addressed special cases hdg N,S,E,W, and not moving ns, or ew, or both.
added lat and lon to popup display.

now working on ground station popup and active freq.

when I get through with that I will post all the new code
probably tomorow
LarryMc

LarryMc

Attached is the complete project.
Unzip to a new folder.
Popup windows work for both ground stations and planes.

on the ground stations I still need to extract the locked freq from the 1 minute update file and update the grnd.ini file so the ground station popup will show an "*" to the left of the active freq.
LarryMc

Egil

Thanks Larry!

This is a great way for me to learn working in projects mode. I have tried before,  but only half hearted, and have dropped working with projects as soon as I ran into trouble, and finished my code using a single file.

Returned back home thursday night (we are seven hours ahead of you here), and have not yet recoverred after all the stress in Bergen. Guess it will still take a couple of days before I am back in proper programming mood. And there is a lot of stuff in your project I have to study in detail trying to understand...
So please promise not to laugh when I start posting stupid questions.

Regards,
Egil.

Support Amateur Radio  -  Have a ham  for dinner!

LarryMc

Finished the code that extracts the ground station active freqs. and stores the info in the grnd.ini file.
Since I'm using the same routine at startup as I do every minute to read the data update ( and right now my data file is for a whole day) it is making startup initilization a little slow.  When everything is done it will only be the last minutes worth of data so it won't be that slow.

I put the update routine in its own file called min_update.iwb. 

So now, when you put the cursor on a ground station symbol and hit the 'g' key the popup window will list all the freqs and the active freqs will have a '*' by the freq.

You can can unzip the attached on top on the previous code and all should be fine.
But the zip contains everything you need to put it in a completely new location.

I guess I through for now until you come up with a new requirement of some sort of need some sort of 'fix'.
LarryMc

Egil

Now you really deserve a little rest Larry!
You have done all the hard parts of this project, and I hope you will bear over with my presently slow working speed.
My poor brain has not yet absorbed all the finer details of your last posts. But now I am beginning to understand the way you think... :D
That makes it a little easier to follow your code.

Regards,
Egil

Egil

Larry,

Tried to compile your code for the first time just now. But I get several error messages saying that the file LList.inc can't be found.
Can't find this file in any of your postings, so when you get  the time, can you please post that file (and any other files starting with LList)?

Regards,
Egil.

LarryMc

I',m not using that file anywhere Egil.

Download my last upload and upload and unzip it in a new empty folder and try to compile the project.
If if won't compile then copy the contents of the output window and post it so I can see it.
LarryMc

LarryMc

My bad Egil ::) ::)
In the beginning I was planning on using a linked list but I never did.
In the globals.iwb file you can remove these two lines and every thing will be fine.
$use "LList.lib"
$include "LList.inc"

Sorry about that. :'(
LarryMc

Egil

Thanks Larry, will delete the two lines and try again.  ;D

When I fully understand what you have done, I'll start adding my own routines (and cross my fingers.... ::))
Laid on the couch most of the day here, but fortunately they are broadcasting cycling from Dunkerque.

Regards,
Egil.

LarryMc

When you get the code ready that will write the one-minute update file I'll show you how to trigger what I've done to read it and do the update.  Just let me know when you are ready.
LarryMc

Egil

Compiling fine now Larry, but warning about duplicate declarations (file attached).
Will let you know when I have finished including my code. But be warned, working rather slow here... But hen I guess you need a little vacation after all the hard work you've done for me. 8)

LarryMc

I don't get those warnings
I'll see if I can figure out why you are getting them.

I'm assuming you downloaded and installed IWB3.0 from your customers page?

can you tell me the time stamp and size on the two files so I can compare them against mine?
QuoteC:\Program Files (x86)\IWBDev3\include\unknwn.inc
C:\Program Files (x86)\IWBDev3\bin\iwbstd.incc
LarryMc

Egil

iwb2d.incc:  11.02.2011 - 7.50 kB
unknwn.inc: 13.04.2011 - 1.87 kB

I can download the Setup again, if there are any changes in these two files.

Egil

Downloaded the setup file again, and installed over the old one.
But the warning did not dissapear. The compiled program works pretty nice though, so I do not really care.

Regards,
Egil.

LarryMc

Quote from: Egil on May 06, 2015, 09:33:28 AM
The compiled program works pretty nice though, so I do not really care.
But I care ;)
I don't like stray warnings...
LarryMc

LarryMc

OK, found the problem. It only happens when using the windowssdk.inc file and the fix is already there but it was left out of 3.o by oversight.  It will be taken care of in the next (official)release.
LarryMc

Egil

Had issues like  this with the former IWB version, when both windows.inc and windowssdk.inc was included, but this is the very first time I have seen it with this version.

Egil