April 19, 2024, 11:49:28 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

IWGrid Development Updates

Started by LarryMc, October 08, 2011, 09:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DominiqueB

Thank's it lokks interesting !

Could you add to formatting, values.
I mean for example, IP are 4 numbers separated by . each of values comprised of numbers between 0 to 255

This is just an idea for developpement .

Dominique

LarryMc

Right now the example has it dummied up for 2 digits in each section but will be changed for 3 digits in each section.
So the answer to your question is yes.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

LarryMc

I haven't given an update on my progress and there may be a few of you who wonder where I'm at.

I had put the grid control on the back burner while I worked on the masked edit control which I need for the grid control.

Now I have put the mask edit on hold while I help LarryS work on the new IDE for IWB3 since the IDE is the only thing keeping him from releasing the new version of the compiler which has 64 bit capability.

So, when we get through with that then I'll retun to where I was at on the mask edit.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

LarryMc

In a few weeks it will be a year since I last worked on this.

I really wish I was working on it now instead of the help file for the new IDE.

Oh well, some days it's checken and some days it is feathers
LarryMc

LarryMc

One other thing I failed to mention about the grid control.

When I get through with all the functions I currently plan for IWGrid I have another significant idea.

I will use what I can from IWGrid to create another grid control to use for databases.
The basic version would be just for displaying the contents of a db file table.
You would past the db name table name, and type of driver and screen size of control and it would figure out the columns and basically set up a browser for the db.
From there add configuration options:
to select columns to show
column formatting
column headings (custom or table column headings)
allow sorting
allow searches
lastly, allow editing.

you'll be able to have multiple controls to multiple tables.

The main point is to make displaying a database as simple and as quick as possible.

That's considering I don't go totally senile first. ;)

LarryMc

billhsln

I know I will be interested in the Grid Control and the one that works with DataBases. 

Will be waiting with baited breath (what ever that means).  Have heard the phrase said for years, never did make any sense.

Hope you get the time to work on it.

Bill
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

LarryMc

Quote from: billhsln on November 15, 2012, 08:51:47 AM
I know I will be interested in the Grid Control and the one that works with DataBases. 

Will be waiting with baited breath (what ever that means).  Have heard the phrase said for years, never did make any sense.

Hope you get the time to work on it.

Bill
It was something I helped you with that gave me the idea I might be able to pull it off (on the database part)
LarryMc

billhsln

My guess would be the program I was writing for my Grandson to keep track of his Pokemon cards.

Bill
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

LarryMc

Today I spent some time getting back up to speed on the Masked Edit I need for the grid.
I think I'll make it so it can be used standalone without the grid.
LarryMc

LarryMc

Well, after being sidetracked for 19 months I'm back to working on the IWGrid control.

I think I'm going to spend time documenting (rough help file) what I've got done so far and update it as I go instead of trying to write it after the fact.
LarryMc