April 19, 2024, 03:35:49 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Antenna C-Pole Design

Started by GWS, June 11, 2014, 10:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GWS

Hi folks,

Here's a nice little program I received from Egil  -  LA2PJ to design a C-Pole antenna.

At his last club meeting, Egil tells me they had a discussion on how best to use computers in radio work.
When told how easy and fast it is to make your own computer programs for doing different calulations to develop your own equipment and antennas, almost nobody believed him. Hence, this little program as a demonstration.

They decided to build an antenna resonating on 14.2 MHz, using the wire lengths (metres) produced by the program. It was built successfully, and when tested, gave an SWR of 1.5, and enabled the club members to make several contacts using QRP signals with 58 reports.

Hopefully, the members were convinced of how useful Creative can be for program development.

Here it is, with the EXE included ..

Best wishes, :)

Graham

Tomorrow may be too late ..

Columbo

Nice!  I have never used a C-pole antenna before.  Tried a J-pole for 2 meters though.

GWS

Hi Columbo,

Yep, it's one of Egil's useful tools.  He's very good with amateur radio subjects. ;D

I might have to try one of these myself. I recently dismantled my aging multi-band vertical, and sold off all my transmitters, so I'm off-air at the moment.

All I need is a sky-hook to hold an aerial aloft ..  ::), and maybe try a home-brew transmitter and receiver setup.  It would be more fun than a computerised, glitzy, commercial kit anyway.

Perhaps a bit better than the attached radio though ..  ;D ;D

All the best, :)

Graham
Tomorrow may be too late ..