May 01, 2024, 07:50:11 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

upgrade from ebasic to IWbasic

Started by oneplace2u, June 27, 2014, 08:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oneplace2u

Not sure if this goes here or not.
What is the upgrade cost from ebasic to IWbasic?

Copex

June 28, 2014, 08:22:30 AM #1 Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 01:58:28 PM by Copex
ebasic and iwbasic are two different programs and they are owned by to different owners. ebasic was never developed once sold to its creators alter ego sorry i mead new owner Tom :-)

IWBasic is still under development and available from the main page.
-
I really should learn how to use a spell checker! though im not sure how it will help someone who can not spell?
-
Except where otherwise noted, content Posted By Copex is
licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

oneplace2u

I remember when ebasic was ibasic, I started with ibasic and then the owner was bought out and it changed to ebasic and then I thought ebasic changed to IWbasic, because you see this all over the internet.  "IWBasic (formerly Emergence BASIC)", sorry if I got that wrong, don't want to offend any body.

LarryMc

@Copex - Sorry, but your post is not quite correct.

@oneplace2u
It was IBasic and IBasic Pro that the original author sold off.
He then created EBasic and Creative Basic(CBasic) that were backward compatible to IBasic and IBasic Pro.

Through multiple transactions LarryS purchased the rights to both EBasic, CBasic , and Aurora, along with the Ionicwind Forums.
Because of the negative publicity associated with the name EBasic LarryS decided to rename EBasic v1.73 to IWBasic v1.73.

As far as I know all owners of EBasic were given a free upgrade to IWBasic 1.73.

Then IWBasic 2.0 was released with many new features and fixes.
Owners of IWBasic 1.73 were allowed to purchase the 2.0 version at a discounted price.

Only LarryS can answer you cost question.  He usually doesn't sign-on on the weekends.
He should see your post Monday and be able to give you an answer.
I would think he would most likely offer you the same discount but I really can't speak for him.

Thanks for showing renewed interest.

LarryMc
Forum Admin
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

oneplace2u

Thank you

I don't now if that was a type O 1.37 on your email.  :D The version I have  of ebasic is 1.73

LarryMc

Quote from: oneplace2u on June 28, 2014, 12:56:50 PM
Thank you

I don't now if that was a type O 1.37 on your email.  :D The version I have  of ebasic is 1.73

what 1.37 typo????
It was 1.73 all the time  ::) ::) ::) ::)
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

LarryMc

LarryMc