April 26, 2024, 12:04:04 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Alternative Task Manager

Started by Andy, February 13, 2014, 09:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

Hi,

Thanks to LarryMc and sapero,

here's an alternative Task Manager, not perfect but it works.

Thanks,
Andy.
:)
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

W4GNS

Works much faster than Window$ version! Thanks   ;D
Gary Scott-W4GNS

Andy

Hi,

This is a new version of an alternative task manager (attached).

Firstly and most importantly a big thank you to LarryMc who worked very hard to get the extended details
of the exe files - e.g. Description, Company name etc - thanks Larry.

The main points:
- sorts the processes into alphabetical order
- program checks for processes every 2 seconds.
- gets extended file details
- open location option
- ability to open a new task (applications section)

Why write this program?

Two reasons,

1. Virus programs usually disable the Win task namager, so to keep a compiled version of this could come in very handy!

2. Think it adds to IWB - the more functions we have the more people will want IWB.

All the best,
Andy.
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

Brian

March 07, 2014, 11:20:33 AM #3 Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 12:01:09 PM by Brian Pugh
Andy,

I can't compile your program without the KMS.inc include file. Could you post it, please?
Oh, and do we need the lib file, as well?

Brian

LarryMc

just comment out the kms line and it will compile
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Andy

Sorry Brian,

Yes comment out the line or remove it.

I use that include file (renamed copy of Registry.inc) to work with the registry, and it's not needed now in the program, it was left over from when I was trying to read the registry to get file details.

The program is not perfect yet but slowly inching my way there.

Regards,
Andy.

Brian

Thanks, Andy - got it now

I noticed when I added the line autodefine "off" that were were a bunch of error lines
coming up. Some were not really worth adjusting, but some needed attention

There were just two lines I couldn't rectify, which you will see if you run my offering

Lots of things in there I haven't seen before - good stuff!

Brian

Andy

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the compliment!

What two lines could you not rectify? - your mod compiles and runs ok to me at first glance.

Thanks,
Andy.

Brian

Andy,
Compiles and runs OK, but I am left with these errors:

Compiling...
taskman4.iwb
File: C:\Users\Public\Documents\IWBasic\projects\taskman4.iwb (419) Warning: Converting (2nd argument) string to char
File: C:\Users\Public\Documents\IWBasic\projects\taskman4.iwb (1124) Warning: CASE 1 already used in line 1123
File: C:\Users\Public\Documents\IWBasic\projects\taskman4.iwb (1732) Warning: Unreferenced SUB enumprogs
File: C:\Users\Public\Documents\IWBasic\projects\taskman4.iwb (1296) Warning: Unreferenced SUB addproc
File: C:\Users\Public\Documents\IWBasic\projects\taskman4.iwb (326) Warning: Unreferenced SUB findProcessIdByName
No Errors
Linking...
IWBasic Linker v1.11 Copyright © 2011 Ionic Wind Software
Generating C:\Users\Public\Documents\IWBasic\projects\taskman4.exe
Build completed

You can forget the unreferenced SUB lines - it was the first two errors I didn't understand. I know
they are only warnings, but they are warnings that something just isn't working right

Brian

Andy

Hi Brian,

The first "error" on line 419:

That bit of code I think Sapero wrote a good while back, obviously he felt okay with it but I do agree there
is something about it the compiler doesn't like - basically I don't know.

The second error:

I noticed two things,

1. I don't get this error when I compile it, but you do... strange.
2. I made a little mistake, I did @IDCREATE twice

Maybe by removing the second case @IDCREATE it will stop complaining? as stated I cannot test this as I do not get this error.

SUB detailshnd
SELECT @MESSAGE
   case @IDCREATE            
      CENTERWINDOW dy3   

case @IDCREATE ------- remove this line                 
      CENTERWINDOW dy3 -------- remove this line

I am using win7 32bit on my machine.

Please let me know how you get on,
Thanks,
Andy.

Brian

Yep, removing the second IDCREATE got rid of the error - never saw that

If Sapero wrote it, and he was happy with it, who are we to change it!

No errors now, other than Sapero's. I am on Win 7 Pro, 64-bit

Brian

Andy

That's great Brian,

I must have pasted the @IDCREATE twice, still glad it's all sorted now!

All the best,
Andy.