June 15, 2024, 09:32:11 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Strange Behavior of IWB

Started by billhsln, October 19, 2013, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billhsln

I have a program saved under subdirectory:  C:\Users\Public\Documents\IWBasic\MyProgs\ClipBoard-Date_and_Time
with a file name of: DateTime.iwb, compiled as a Windows program, but really it is a Console program.

$include "ctl.inc"

DEF clip:INT
DEF w:WINDOW
DEF x:STRING

x = " - " + DATE$("yyyy-MM-dd") + " " + MID$(TIME$,1,5)

'Copy chosen item to clipboard, and check
clip=SendToClipBoard(w,x)
IF clip=0
OPENCONSOLE
PRINT "Item not copied to Clipboard"
INPUT x
CLOSECONSOLE
ENDIF
END

Very simple program to store current date and time in the clipboard.

The weird thing is that when I click on SAVE, it closes IWB and creates a .tmp file in the subdirectory.  It does not seem to do that on any other program.  Running IWB 2.095.  I can compile, but saving closes IWB and does NOT save changes made to the source code.

Very Weird.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

LarryMc

open windows explorer
navigate to where the datetime.iwb source file is stored
right click on the filename and select properties.
is the file "read only" by any chance?
Try copying the problem source file to another folder and then load and compile it and see if you still have the same problem.

I can't duplicate the problem
other than above I have no clue with what is going on.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

billhsln

Program was not "read only", I was able to edit and save from Ultraedit.  I did copy to another directory and it works fine from there.  Still closes IWB when I click on the old one.  Will not worry about it.  It works now.  Not sure why, but it will have to be one of those things in the Universe that I just will not be able to figure out.

Thanks,
Bill
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.