April 25, 2024, 10:23:34 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Feature Requests / Bug Reports

Started by LarryMc, September 01, 2013, 09:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

Need to fix warning message concerning handler definition
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

RitchieF

Hi Larry,

I have a feature wish :

either an adjustable grid with snapping which could help positiong of controls with out having to look at the numeric values

or

putting a colored rectangle around all controls at design time, whether they are selected or not to support positioning.

Or perhaps both

Thanks,

Richard

EDIT: Both wishes are done and will be in next release

LarryMc

thanks Richard
I will look into both when I go back to revisit IWB+.
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

RitchieF

Please have a look at the Auto Indent routines ot the code editor, too.

Doesn't work here.

Thanks

Richard

EDIT: Auto Indent and AutoComplete are done and will be in next release

LarryMc

Quote from: RitchieF on September 02, 2013, 12:34:21 AM
Please have a look at the Auto Indent routines ot the code editor, too.

Doesn't work here.

Thanks

Richard
That will be fixed (I have it working in IWB2.5)
Thanks for the feedback
LarryMc

LarryMc

Quote from: RitchieF on September 01, 2013, 10:41:27 AM
Hi Larry,
I have a feature wish :
either an adjustable grid with snapping which could help positiong of controls with out having to look at the numeric values
Richard
I'll make the grid an option so those who don't want controls to snap to the grid alignment don't have to use it.
Also, people who want to use it will have different ideas about how big the grid dimensions will be so that value will have to be an option

Leads to a question:
Should only the upper left corner snap to a grid coordinate and the height/width of the control stay the same or should the lower right corner also snap to grid?

I'd say only the upper left and let the width/height stay what the user has set to the default preference and/or what the user has set them to.

Need ya'lls opinion.
LarryMc

RitchieF

QuoteI'd say only the upper left and let the width/height stay what the user has set to the default preference and/or what the user has set them to.

In my opinion this would be okay

Richard

LarryMc

All previous wishes prior to this date and posted in this thread are done and will be in the next release

The release will be made as soon as the documents are updated.
LarryMc

RitchieF

Hi Larry,

what about a menu entry and button to open the IWBasic help file ?

Thanks

Richard

LarryMc

Quote from: RitchieF on September 21, 2013, 12:40:00 PM
Hi Larry,

what about a menu entry and button to open the IWBasic help file ?

Thanks

Richard
Somebody  (I don't know who ::)) needs to read the IWB+ Help File (or at least look at
the IWB+ main menu Editors/Help Menu and Editors/Tools Menu.)

Maybe reading the features list here
will provide insight. :o :o

;D ;D Sorry, I know I'm being tacky but I just couldn't resist!!  :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D
Today I've been married 46 years and I've been full of it all day.
LarryMc

Bill-Bo

LarryMc,

Congratulations on such a long, and hopefully, happy marriage.
Kinda wish I could say the same. Been at it five times in 66 years.

May you have 46 more.

Bill

P.S. Thanks for 1.04

RitchieF

Hi Larry,

congratulations on such a long, and hopefully, happy marriage from me, too.

Won't reach this coz I married too late >:(

QuoteSomebody needs to read the IWBasic Help File

Richard

Bruce Peaslee

Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."
iTired (There's a nap for that.)
Well, I headed for Las Vegas
Only made it out to Needles

LarryMc

LarryMc

LarryMc

Quote from: Bill-Bo on September 21, 2013, 09:39:29 PM
LarryMc,

Congratulations on such a long, and hopefully, happy marriage.
Kinda wish I could say the same. Been at it five times in 66 years.

May you have 46 more.

Bill

P.S. Thanks for 1.04
Her and I both are in our 2nd marriage.
LarryMc

LarryMc

RitchieF has reported a bug that causes IWB+ to crash.
I've duplicated the problem and as soon as I get it fixed I will be releasing a new version.
LarryMc

RitchieF

Thanks for V1.05 !

Works fine here

Richard

GWS

Larry,

Love your avatar - a very distinguished gentleman ..  :)

I've put mine up for a while - I think I prefer Pooh Bear  ::)

Best wishes, :)

Graham
Tomorrow may be too late ..

LarryMc

I think you need to leave your picture up, instead of pooh bear.
LarryMc

RitchieF

If I select from the menu 'Save Project as' or from the toolbar 'Copy Current Project' IWB+ loads the project again using the new name of the project.
But in the Code Editor the listbox shows now some  *.IWB files with the first 3 characters of the filename missing so you can't load them again.

Please have a look

Richard

LarryMc

Quote from: RitchieF on October 02, 2013, 01:08:29 PM
If I select from the menu 'Save Project as' or from the toolbar 'Copy Current Project' IWB+ loads the project again using the new name of the project.
But in the Code Editor the listbox shows now some  *.IWB files with the first 3 characters of the filename missing so you can't load them again.

Please have a look

Richard
will do
thanks for the feedback
LarryMc

Brian

Larry,
I was attempting to create a dialog window last night, and when I pressed the "Test" button,
it showed my dialog as a full window, with no borders, and no titlebar. Is this normal behaviour?
Brian

LarryMc

Quote from: Brian Pugh on October 03, 2013, 09:31:46 AM
Larry,
I was attempting to create a dialog window last night, and when I pressed the "Test" button,
it showed my dialog as a full window, with no borders, and no titlebar. Is this normal behaviour?
Brian

Depends..
What boxes, if any, did you have checked in the properties dialog?
LarryMc

RitchieF

Larry,

clicking the - sign in front of SUB to fold the code folds the code but complete from here to the end of the code.

Is this correct ?

Richard

LarryMc

Quote from: RitchieF on October 03, 2013, 09:55:48 AM
Larry,

clicking the - sign in front of SUB to fold the code folds the code but complete from here to the end of the code.

Is this correct ?

Richard

folding is controlled by iwb+SciLexer.dll
it is written in c; I don't know c or have a c compiler.
added it to my list of things to do to see if I can make the dll that comes with IWBasic work
thanks for the feedback

UPDATE: After a quick check it appears doable but will be a major programming effort so it won't happen anytime soon.
LarryMc