March 28, 2024, 05:31:05 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Update 2013-07-06

Started by LarryMc, July 06, 2013, 03:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

Attached is alpha release of the IWGrid library.
Place the IWGrid.lib file in your IWBDev/libs folder.
The IWGrid.inc file needs to go at the beginning of any file that uses the lib.

There is a demo file included in the zip that demonstrates all the different cell types (except the @IWGMASK).

While building the demo I found 3 bugs that are caused by me fixing something elsewhere:
1. Negative numbers are not handled properly in the @IWGMONEY cells
2. In the @IWGBUTTON cells some unwanted extra data is being sent to the User's subroutine.
3. The global grid protection function is not working.

Feedback is welcomed and encouraged.
Now is the time to make all your wants and desires known.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Brian

Larry,

Can't compile the example, keeps coming up with errors:

Compiling...
IWGrid_Demo.iwb
No Errors
Linking...
IWBasic Linker v1.11 Copyright © 2011 Ionic Wind Software
Unresolved external MAKELONG
Error: C:\Program Files\iwbdev\libs\IWGrid.lib\IWGrid_lib.o - Unresolved extern MAKELONG
Error: C:\Program Files\iwbdev\libs\IWGrid.lib\handlers.o - Unresolved extern LOWORD
Error: C:\Program Files\iwbdev\libs\IWGrid.lib\handlers.o - Unresolved extern HIWORD
Error: C:\Program Files\iwbdev\libs\IWGrid.lib\handlers.o - Unresolved extern MAKELONG
Error: C:\Program Files\iwbdev\libs\IWGrid.lib\notify.o - Unresolved extern MAKELONG
Error: C:\Program Files\iwbdev\libs\IWGrid.lib\on_subs.o - Unresolved extern MAKELONG
Error(s) in linking C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\IWBasic\projects\IWGrid\IWGrid_Demo.exe

You may be aware of this, of course

Brian

LarryMc

Brian
It compiles just fine for me.
I'll have to think on it for a while.
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

LarryMc

Let's start with the questions:
1. what kind of computer and OS?
2. Are you compiling it with EBasic, IWBasic 2, or the new 2.5 beta IDE?
3. do you have Sapero's windowssdk includes installed?
LarryMc

Brian

Windows XP SP3
IWB 2.09
Had Sapero's includes installed for ages (although I might re-download them and
install again, to make sure)

Will let you know...

Brian

Brian

Silly me, I didn't have $include "windowssdk.inc" as an entry

Brian

LarryMc

Does that mean you got it to compile?
LarryMc

Brian

Sorry - yes, perfectly. Will look later - off visiting grandchildren, etc

Brian

LarryMc

Until further notice (and probably forever) IWGrid requires that you have Sapero's windowssdk include files installed.
LarryMc